[App][Obsolete]Sofar / Solarman

I’m not very experienced but if I can help you with my inverter and the datalogger tell me well

If you open the Configure App page for Homey’s Sofar app, do you see a message “Found Inverter: : {ip address}, {serial number}”?
If not the inverter is not being detect, so it probably won’t work locally. If you do see that, then it’s a good start as it means the inverter is announcing itself and you can then stat the painful task as follows :wink:

But first, have you tried to add one of the local devices, such as Battery, Grid, Solar Panel or Summary?
Also, could you let me know what make and model the invert is so I can do a search to see if anyone else has already mapped it?

Select the Send Command tab and between the “READ REGISTER” and Send button (it looks like an empty space but click there and type), enter a number.
This is the register number and it can range between 1 and 65535.
Once you have a number entered, press Send.
If you get an error message then the register is not used.
If you get a number back then try to match it against one of the parameters (import energy, export energy, etc). Note the number is always an integer so might be a factor of 10 different, e.g. 1000 could be 10.00 W.
Repeat the steps for the range of numbers (I said it was painful).

I have some register suggestions to try for a few inverters that I have found for battery state of charge:

For grid frequency you could try these numbers:

I found the inverter, the codes you wrote me give me an error so I would say they are not those, practically should I try in the tange between 1 and 65536?

You could try random addresses as the data is generally in small blocks. If you find one that provides a result then try others in the same area

If you can let me know the make and model I will see if I can find a map on the Internet.
Sofar wrap the MODBUS data inside another packet, so if yours is not Sofar then maybe it has a different format.

Il mio è questo

I’m Rehearsing, thank you

Thanks for the good work again, Adrian.
Yesterday I restarted the App and repaired it. It worked for a day, but this morning it was broke and couldn’t repair it anymore. I needed to recreate the device to get it working again. Seems to work fine now. I’ll keep an eye on it :wink:

1 Like

There is a bug that occurs if an old device is in use after the update as the new capabilities are trying to use a bit of information that is only available on devices added after the update.
I have fixed that and it will be released to test soon.

Ups, I think something went wrong.
Since yesterday It’s not working anymore (included Deye as Solarman Station).
On both my homey cloud and pro its a simmilar error.
Repair does nothing, also deleting and a new setup don’t succeed.

What error are you seeing?
Are you running version 1.1.2 as that fixed a bug in 1.1.1?

Both it was present yesterday in 1.1.1 and also after update now in 1.1.2
I did push a dev.log. Hop you can see it.

I got the log and can see the problem. I will post an update shortly.

New test version is available. Thanks for reporting the problem and supply the log so I could fix it.

1 Like

I also have an issue with an existing device, also with version 1.1.3. The log reports “cannot read properties of undefined”. I have sent the log. Do I need to create a new device to solve this?

It looks like your data doesn’t include the battery temperature, so I will need to check each property exist before using it.

New test version is in the store. Thanks for sharing and helping.

That is correct, I have no batteries in my solar station. Thanks for your swift response and the update. It’s now working fine again!

1 Like

Hi,

I am seeing three types of responses from inverter. (I enabled log local data).

App finds inverter from local network:
************** App has initialised. ***************

• 2023-06-09T07:07:11.160Z
    Get Data
  • 2023-06-09T07:07:16.333Z
    Found Inverter: : 10.1.1.30, 2347439645

Most of time i can see this:

• 2023-06-09T07:07:21.173Z
    Get Data
  • 2023-06-09T07:07:21.809Z
    No Data

Couple times per hour app can fetch data:

Inverter data: : 2347439645, {
“Inverter_status”: “grid-connected”,
“Internal_Temperature”: 25,
“Heatsink_Temperature”: 23,
“Ambient_temperature”: 36,

And sometimes like this:

Inverter data: : 2347439645, {
“Inverter_status”: “waiting”,
“Internal_Temperature”: 0,
“Heatsink_Temperature”: 0,
“Ambient_temperature”: 0

I am suspecting that data logger is broken. Or is this a bug or limitation of app or data logger? (Data logger cannot answer for every minute for the data request)

I’m not aware of such a limitation. What is the Inverter model?
It does seem strange that the Inverter status says waiting, but that could just be a false status if the readings are corrupt.