[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Thanks :slight_smile: Did also get a reply from Homey support, as they are the devloper. Will send them a diagnostic report.

Having the same problem, since the Fibaro app updated yesterday to versio 3.7.10
I have the problem with a Fibaro Sensor (motion, temp, lux etc)

Does anyone know what the new ā€žWhenā€¦ā€œ flow cards for the Fibaro Walli Switch are for and how they work (test version 3.7.11)?

I did not check code, but if they work as I have made my fibaros, the purpose of this is to separate input and output of switchā€¦ so you can press button but nothink happends (Fibaro called this protection mode), but this can be anythink, im just guessing on what i have using and namingā€¦

Yeah, i replacing all my Fibaro to Shelly, when fibaro fails, shelly is replacement for itā€¦ That ugly delay on switch is still there, but Shelly is so far more stable for meā€¦

I have never heard of ā€œProtection Modeā€ for Fibaro devices. I canā€™t find any information about it in the Walli Switch manual either. So how should the ā€œProtection Modeā€ be activated? There are no flow cards for it.

By just quick search: https://manuals.fibaro.com/document/fgr-protection-mode/

But they all should support it, it is custom CC.
My usage is like this:
raw.local-protection is RAW ZWave command to turn mode on/off, as Homey does not support this by itselfā€¦

What is Protection mode good for? Well, in my case, it prevents moving blinds if kid is in bed, as she love to push buttons, and in case of strong wind it tilt slats and prevent users at home to close them (to prevent bending)

Ok, this is for the RS2, but didnā€™t I find anything about it for the Walli Switch, neither in the manual nor in the Fibaro forum.
Also I donā€™t see any suitable parameter in Developer Tools ā†’ Devices. Not even for the Walli Roller Shutter.

I wonder, how (if) the LED blinks in this case ? Isnā€™t it like this one, right ? :laughing:

Guys, those of you using Fibaro Smart implant, Iā€™m thinking to connect it with pressure transmitter G1/4 12-36V 0-10V https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000727169670.html?dp=61e47a726ec3b25c50959f54&cn=ah&aff_fcid=a1e05fbd7f1c4a9f89a3f5176474c0f7-1707990445809-09363-_AnTGXs&tt=CPS_NORMAL&aff_fsk=_AnTGXs&sk=_AnTGXs&afSmartRedirect=y

I wonder, would that work, which kind of data Iā€™m able to get from that sensor, eg. in which form ? Donā€™t have experience with it, more over havenā€™t seen much uses cases with pressure meter / manometer :wink:

Have a look at this Dutch (sorry!) post. Instead of a Fibaro Smart Implant, @Robin_De_Lange used a Shelly Uni, but this is exactly how it works also with a Fibaro SI.

Edit
Oops! Forgot the link, many thanks to @Robin_De_Lange! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

No issues, will take a look on Shelly Uni examples :wink:

Regarding my question about the new flow cards for the Walli Switch (see post #847).

Yesterday I found some time to test the new flow cards. The result is really simple and it was definitely a stupid question! :man_facepalming:t3:

ā€œTop/Bottom Switch enabledā€ means: Top/Bottom Switch Turned on
ā€œTop/Bottom Switch disabledā€ means: Top/Bottom Switch Turned off
ā€œTop/Bottom Switch switchedā€ means: Top/Bottom Switch Toggled

But on the first look without trying, the words enabled and disabled were really confusing for me. As far as I know, this wording has never been used for Turned on and Turned off before.

Edit
After asking on Slack why they used a different wording, I received the answer, that they will update these flow cards to match the wording with the other flow cards. :+1:t2:

Here the post, I went for a shelly for the refresh rate (I did try Uni and Implant with the same project), the Uni is very precisely with the smallest changes and gives them right through. but the fibaro works exactly the same like connect and operation, is just not as fast/minuscul with updating as the Uni.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, thank you, actually saw that !
So the mapping between pressure and voltage, you must do that on your own, the device itself has no calibration table or something ?

No it measures voltage.
The transformation from pressure to voltage is in the pressure device. There you have to find the conversion graph/table/formula.

1 Like

yes, you must do that yourself. thats why I had a extra analog pressure sensor. than you can read the voltages on your phone and read the pressure on the analog sensor.

So if the device has table, follow that table, otherwise make your own, right ? Anyway, I think I have enough inputs to start experimenting, first need to call plumber ! :laughing:
Thank you @Robin_De_Lange and @Rmb

ofcourse, and when you find it I like to hear it.
i had a 0 to 7 bar pressure sensor before and that one did also had a voltage range of 0,5 to 4,5 volts so the calculation between pressure and voltages was even harder. now 0 to 5 bars and almost 0 to 5 volts is pretty much the same.

good luck and when it its done can you let me know how it went, maybe I can learn from your methode.

1 Like

See Waterdruk meten - #12 by Rmb

1 Like