[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Does it really work for you? Have you tried it?

@Timo_Paso, it’s been a while since this exact problem was discussed in this topic:

(sorry, only German language)

And we weren’t able to change the color either. We contacted Athom at the time. I haven’t tried it for a long time, but it still seems to be a bug in Athom’s Fibaro app. I can’t find any information about this in the changelog for the app either.
My suggestion, please contact the support of Athom.

no i haven’t got it to work with fixed glowing color this worked on HC3
Walli dimmer works you can change the color and it lights up all the time until you turn it off and those settings are also more extended

The question was addressed to @Przemas, sorry for confusion.

@Timo_Paso, as I already wrote, please contact Athom support with the problem with the Walli controller.
I have also Walli Switch, Dimmer and Roller Shutter in use and it’s no problem to change the color and the dim level.

After I found out that the microswitch on my button was not pressed properly, I did the inclusion with more force and then it was no problem to add the button.

But if there is still absolute no reaction within the Homey smartphone app, then the button(s) is/are broken, or you don’t press not hard enough.
My suggestion is to send them back if possible.

I am trying to add some fibaro s2 dimmers to my Homey Pro.

Those directly connected to switches have been relatively easy. No major dramas.

I have some others that dont have a connected switch, these i want to connect to Homey and eventually pair them with a HeatIT z push switch. The pairing part i can work out but i cant see how to add the dimmer to begin with without a switch.
I have access the switches as seen in the picture. But not sure what i can do. The electrician that wired our house set this up in Fibaro Home Center and weve been controlling things there. But now want to set it up in Homey Pro and pair it with the Heatit switches.

Cheers

It’s explained in the manual of the Fibaro Dimmer 2, which can be found in the internet.

Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)

1 Like

FYI

On December 29, 2023, there was a formal merger of Fibar Group and Nice – Polska companies who had operated jointly within the Nice Group. As a result of this strategic action, Nice – Polska becomes the legal successor of Fibar Group (the acquired company), opening a new chapter in the history of both companies.

Continuous development of the Nice Home Management category, which includes smart technologies and integrated solutions for the entire home, enabling monitoring and control of various house areas, offering more complement smart home system.

@Bckp , you might have some experience with them thanks to Nice App for Homey | Homey ? Question is, does it mean that the support might be gone or we can be looking forward to NICE cooperation ? :wink:

I guess future show us :slight_smile: I belive Fibaro was the most non-cooperative company i know so far, so with Nice, it could be only better…

1 Like

Just thinking, now when Nice own Fibaro, will Athom take over my app? :thinking: i do not care much, im moving away from Fibaro to the Shelly devices anyway…

I think they never do it, or ?
It’s a question, if Athom will have any partnership with Nice…then eventually they (Nice) might ask you actually to be verified developer / official by Nice. (in theory).
But that’s why I wrote also about Nice Home Management, as it looks like something similar to Homey platform actually.

Well, Fibaro app is maintained by Athom, as Fibaro never want to play with others… I expect same stuff from Nice to be honest, but maybe they surprise me a lot :slight_smile:

I don’t think anything/a lot will change, Fibaro was already owned by Nice for several years, they only combined their HQ now.

1 Like

Interesting, 2018 already … while they present it as something new. :man_facepalming:

https://www.niceforyou.com/en/nicepost/nice-acquires-fibaro-one-major-players-worldwide-smart-home-consolidating-its-global

I’m having problems with 2 of my 15 installed Roller Shutter 3’s, connected with Homey.

They have been installed for 3 months, and have been working flawlessly up until now. The day after the fibaro app had updated, 2 fibaro Roller Shutter 3 units stopped working.

I’m currently on fibaro app version 3.7.10. The affected fibaro RS3 units are flashing/pulsing a dark blue (5 seconds on, 5 seconds off). The B button doesn’t respond to any inputs, and the physical s1 and s2 don’t work anymore. The manual doesn’t even describe a dark blue.

I tried cutting the power to Homey, cutting power to the RS3, removing it from Homey, tried adding it again, but nothing seems to work. The unit is completely unresponsive to any inputs.

Are more people running into this problem?

In the german forum was the same topic some time ago, maybe that helps…

Looks like that Fibaro would replace the affected RS3.

1 Like

Had the same, several units…when I wrote to Fibaro, they told me they are “not aware of such issue”, I sent them 5 of such FGR-223 for repair. Based on US branch, it’s issue with Z-WAVE chip but nobody else confirmed.

1 Like

All devices displays Add unavailable, and the app itself, if you try “restart” displays “Not installed”.

Anyone else with the same issue?

What the device details shows / tells ?

If you try to click the device it says “App unavaiable” and if you try to open, this is what I get:

So it seems that the app crashed and is not running. Try to reinstall it from store.