[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Naturally, it’s from China so there will be everything :laughing:

English

In that case the formula for the pressure is:
P=5(4.5-0.5)x(V-0.5).
In an Advanced Virtual Device you can enter this formula to display the pressure.

Correct ? Basically no need for table, you can recalculate it for any situations / parameters ?

Correct, as long as the relation between pressure and voltage is a straight line in a graph. You just need the P and V value of the start and endpoint of the line. Of course from the graph or formula it is possible to calculate the values in a table.

In the formula was a backward slash as a device operator. That is apparently a special sign.

P=5:(4,5-0,5)x(V-0,5)

You can check the formula by filling in for V 0.5 and 5. Then the pressure is 0 and 5 again.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve been using Homey Pro 2023 for just over two weeks. I’ve been playing around with creating flows to get a feeling on how it all works ;-).

Now I have created a flow to turn the hallway lights on the 2nd floor on/off. I’m using a Fibaro motion sensor and Fibaro Walli dimmer. The flow as such works fine but I’m having the following issues.

1. Even if someone is walking around in the hallway the “Then’ card “Turn off after 30 sec” is still executed. Is there a way to reset the 30 sec counter?

2. When the lights turn off after 30 sec and someone walks into the hallway right after the lights aren’t turned on. It takes while before the motion triggers the lights on again. I’ve already set the motion sensor sensitivity to 8 and the blindtime to 0 but no luck so far.

Hope someone has an idea what I need to do to get things working as I would like to ;-).

In my opinion this works best, by using timers instead of the ‘unaware’ delay card.
As you can see, I think, using this in standard flow results in 3 separate flows. Which is not a problem (I had 800+ flows once), but you should name them wisely

I prefer to use Zone activity though, this way you can replace sensors quite easy (no need to repair all flows involved), or just add more sensors if needed without editing any flow

Hi Mateusz and welcome!

First off all, the blind time (parameter 2) must be less than the cancellation delay (parameter 6), what it is.

The problem is the flow. When The motion alarm turned on the flow is started and runs until the end, regardless of the configuration of the Fibaro MS. And the last flow card in this flow says “Turn the light off after 30 sec.”.
The solution is to delete the Turn off after 30 sec flow card and create a second flow for turning the light off:

(Sorry, only in German language, hope you understand it)

Back to the settings of the Fibaro MS. My suggestion is to change all the settings back to standard, except maybe for the sensitivity. Why? Because especially a short blind time has a big impact on the lifetime of the battery. If it will not work as desired, you can make some small changes. Best practice is to change only one parameter and check the behavior.
The most important parameters are still the blind time (8 sec. by default) and the cancellation delay (30 sec. by default). That means, after the last motion detection the internal “cancellation” timer starts and will set the motion alarm after 30 sec. to off. This is the trigger for the new second flow The motion alarm turned off, which turns off the light immediately.
If after the blind time and before the cancellation delay of 30 sec. has ended a new movement is detected , the internal timer is reset and begins from start again, if no motion is detected.

Dirk,

Thank you for all the information. I’ve changed the settings of the Fibaro MS back to default for the most part. I’ve kept the “Sensitivity” on 8. With the flow information you’ve provide it works fine, thanks for that.

The only thing I still have is a “blind spot” whereby the lights aren’t turned on when someone walks into the hallway when the 30 seconds cancellation timer has ended and the 8 seconds blindtime has started. If I understand correctly this can only be solved by adjusting the blindtime setting but a drawback of this is that the battery is drained more quickly.

Btw……German is also fine ;-).

This shouldn’t be the way how it should work!
Here are the information about blind time and cancellation delay from the manual:

1. Motion detection - blind time
    PIR sensor is “blind” (insensitive) to motion after last detection for the amount of time specified in this parameter.
  1. Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay
    Time period after which the motion alarm will be cancelled in the main controller and associated devices.
    Any motion detected during this period resets the timer.

(Source)

So the blind time must be already canceled before the cancellation delay is finished.

If you recognize that the light doesn’t turn on, have you checked if the luminance is less than 10? Maybe there is really a “blind spot” which isn’t detected by the sensor?
Another possibility could be that the Z-Wave signal of the MS isn’t stable.

Dirk,

I’ve read the MS manual a couple of times now and I’m beginning to understand how changing certain parameters influence how the MS reacts.

I’ve changed the Lux value to 20 in both the on and off flows as the Lux is higher then 10 which I had specified earlier when the lights are turned on. With Lux value being 20 I’m sure it is definitely less than what the MS is registering.

I had a long story typed up with all kind of issues but while typing it all I reset the MS, removed it from Homey Pro and then re-added it again and recreated all my flows…….and Lo and behold it all works now ;-).

I think that I may have fiddled a bit to much with the MS settings and messed it up a bit, LOL.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

2 Likes

One of my devices is switched on automatically by Fibaro itself according to the timeline of the device.

A bit strange I think…

Anybody familiar with this problem?

I have had this problem for a long time. See post no. 706 onwards.
I have 2 Fibaro Single Switch 2 that I have this problem with.

The device that according to the log was turned on by Fibaro one or more times per week, I have excluded and is no longer in Homey. However, it is plugged in with mains power and a light as a test to see if it ever turns on. If it does, it’s not Homey turning it on, it’s the device itself or some other device that’s ghosting. But so far it hasn’t turned on and it’s been a couple of months now, so I strongly believe that Homey is involved in the problem and it’s not the unit itself or any other unit that’s ghosting.

The other device that only turns on maybe once a month is still included in Homey. I have created a flow using the Device Capabilities app to monitor it.
Since I have no idea what the problem is, I’m thinking of creating a flow using the Device Capabilities app to turn off the device immediately when the device is turned on by Fibaro. As a workaround…

I have reported the problem to Athom long ago but they can’t find anything and they believe from their own experience that it is some other device that is ghosting, although they are not associated but still affecting other devices. The problem for me will just be trying to find that particular ghostly entity… :ghost:

I have installed 5 new fibaro single switches and have them all connected to lights. Now and again they all turn on automatically in the middle of the night between 03.00 and 06.00. Any idea what can be the cause of the issue? Seeing that I don’t have created a flow to any of these yet, that shouldn’t be an issue. A flow restarts homey at 03.00 every night, not sure if this can be the cause of it…

Solutions tried and failed:
Removing and re-adding the fibaro switches
Adding the fibaro switches as unsecure
Associations in advanced settings to 1.1 in group 1
Changed switch type to momentary switch in advanced settings, seeing that I have a spring return light switch
Changed restore after power failed to “No” in advanced settings

Will it help to uninstall the fibaro app and re-adding all of the units?

Any ideas?? Thanks!

As you see below, you’re not the only person with this issue. Have you found a solution to the problem?

My post was a response to @Munnikie above.

No, as I wrote, I still don’t have a solution to the problem.
Nor does Athom have a direct solution.
Athom believes it is some other device that is ghosting, even though they are not associated, but still affect other devices.
I believe that the Homey/Fibaro app is involved in the problem and that it is not the device itself or any other device that is ghosting.

I continue to monitor the 2 Fibaro Single Switch 2 that I have this problem with.

And I recommend anyone who has this problem to contact Athom.

My problem was with a wall plug and after removing it and re-adding it again, the problem was gone.

thanks @Rmb @Robin_De_Lange on your active support, thanks to your insights, I was able to connect pressure monitoring and got now readings via Fibaro Smart Implant

Monitoring :

• 0 Bar - eg. water supply outage or in hour water pipe accident
  • above 5 bar - higher pressure then anticipated (eg. I get 8 bar when water boiler heats so I can control it accordingly and turn off water heating instead of keeping pipes and filters facing 8 bar (safety valve max) for days/weeks, eg. during vacation) (yeah, I don’t have expansion tank installed)
  • accident during expected stable pressure (eg. you kept somewhere water valve opened)
  • house activity (kids coming from outside not washing their hands immediately - just kidding)
  • … you tell

For everyone else interested :

Fibaro instructions for this particular sensor : https://manuals.fibaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/FGBS-222-T-EN-rev.1.2.6.pdf

(parameters 20 and 21 are Input types )

In Homey I also changed minimal value for reporting

Sensor Calibration instructions required to get correct values displayed (had to ask seller, Google did not help!) - I have adjusted only UNIT and DSH (I got 16 Bar version, so I set DSH to 16 Bar, changed Unit to BAR and changed DP - decimal point.

ADL (Zero Current Value) and ADH (Full Scale Value):
        Process: ADL is the reading when there's zero pressure. ADH is the reading at full scale pressure.
        Purpose: These are auto-collected and are critical for ensuring the scale of the device is set correctly.

Process: Apply the pressure you want to measure. While the pressure is applied, use the up or down buttons to adjust the display. Wait for the display number to stabilize, then confirm the value by pressing both keys (up and down) together.
        Purpose: This is to ensure that the transmitter accurately reads the applied pressure.

DSL (Zero Display Value) and DSH (Full Scale Display Value):
        Settings: These allow you to set what the display shows for zero and full scale pressures.
        Purpose: To calibrate what values the display shows at the extremes of its range.

LINE (Linear Correction Input):
        Process: Enter the inverse of the error at the midpoint of the current pressure range.
        Purpose: Further fine-tuning to ensure accuracy across the entire range.

DP (Decimal Point Control):
        Settings: You can set where the decimal point is displayed.
        Purpose: For precise control over how the pressure value is displayed (e.g., 10.0 vs 100).

Linear Correction:
        Process: Apply a known midpoint pressure. If there's a difference between the theoretical (expected) value and what's displayed, you can adjust the display to correct this difference.
        Purpose: To make sure the device reads accurately across its range, not just at zero or full scale.

Filter Coefficient (FILT):
        Settings: Choose a value between 0-9. A higher value means a more stable display (less sensitive to quick changes in pressure) but slower to respond to real changes.
        Purpose: To manage how the device reacts to fluctuations in pressure.

Calibration Password:
        Info: The password is "66". Only advanced users should access the calibration settings.

Keys Use:
        Settings:
            Press both keys simultaneously for one function (referred to as 'SET').
            Press the up button or the down button separately for different functions.
        Note: Buttons are effective only when pressed and released; they don't support holding down.

Homey setup - used Device Capabilities fantastic app from Arie and based on comments from @Rmb just recalculating linearly the pressure = 16/10*Voltage input 1 (in my case for 0-16bar, I get 0V readings on 0bar, 10V on 16bar)

flow

device

Before

After

Electrical part :wink:

note - what each wire means is engraved on the sensor body !

3 Likes

Hello HOMEY PRO TEAM,

Does anyone use the Fibaro Keyfob ?

I bought two Fibaro Keyfob one month ago and I have the same problem with battery consumption : 100% percent with new battery, after 7 days battery is off 0%

I created flowchart with simple « long pressed » scenario on each button

For example : long pressed on « square » = open garage door… long pressed on « circle » = lights outside ON …

I didn’t change default configuration as you can see on pictures.

Any ideas to resolve it ?
Someone has the same problem ?

Thank you for your help
Regards
Alex

Hello, I want to use Fibaro RGBW for simmilar application as you. I looked into fibaro app changelog and the issue should have been fixed. Did you make it work. Thanks!

Hi Mirek,

As it didnt work back then, i used an old door/window sensor with a Reed contact. Works and to my surprise doesnt empty the battery (68% after 6 months).

I’ve created a counter ‘Gasometer’ to show the count (It deviates when homey is off).
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-20 um 19.29.54

I use power by the hour to get consumption and costs.

To my surprise it detected the ‘Gasometer’ when Gas consumption was picked automatically.

3 Likes

Homey can’t reach my Fibaro Smokedetectors anymore. If I tap the red triangle, I get an error. If I try to re-add the smokedetector it also gets a red triangle. Any idea how to fix this?

@Ralph_Z , using Smoke detector but don’t have that error. Which Homey and which Fibaro version you are on ?

…anyone, I’m in discussion with Athom about very strange behavior on HP23 - when I removed FGR-223 and tried to add it back, it’s not initiating any pairing. When I try to add that FGR-223 to other ZWAVE controller, it works fine (inclusion, removal) but HP23 does nothing. When I do the same with others devices, eg. from Aeotec, I can easily remove them from HP23 and them back. Just FGR-223 is misbehaving (tried PTP, power cut, FGR-223 reset, no change).