[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

All solved for me now, thank you!
I can now turn the lights on and off, which was a problem before.

For the offline issue I wasn’t able to fix it using the Homey repair function, however if you go into the device settings within the Twinkly app and reconnect the Wifi it fixes it straight away in Homey. It must refresh the cloud details

Thanks again!!

1 Like

How did you solve that ?

I also can’t control twinkly with homey
When I push on the lights won’t go on ?

v4.0.14 (test channel version) has improved compatiblity for onoff/dim handling. Maybe it would solve your problem too. But there are still more issues which need to be tackled.

1 Like

Cannot turn any Twinkly devices on/off. Have tried repair and updated to the test version.

55d343c2-4f19-4512-ab76-277877b674a0

Is software version important here? Like can it be too new? My Twinkly stays offline or “Wachten op apparaatgegevens init…”.
FW version 2.8.3

Unlikely. But if it does not init, then the authentication token must be “broken”. Try a device repair in that case. There is a known issue but it is not related to the Homey app itself.

Ah, ok. Unplugged the music dongle and did a reset of the lights. Now it’s connected. Dongle plugged in again and all connected it seems. Thnx for a great app!

Thanks. It is yet to get better though :smiley:

I’m not sure why Homey loses connection to Twinkly Strings.
The first time when I added Twinkly Strings to Homey, it worked ok. But in the evening when I wanted to turn off device it didn’t work (while it’s working through the original Twinkly app). So I tried to remove from homey and add again, this time I was getting “Could not get OAuth2Client” (as previously it worked through the original Twinkly app). I removed and added to homey again, now it worked again in the beginning, but after some time it lost connection

I have no update on the current issues, yet. But I updated the Known Issues section in the second post with some details on what is currently under investigation.
You will also find possible workarounds for the issues there.

Is there a server error ??

Lights not responding
Message is connecting to the cloud

Dunno, my connection to the Twinkly cloud seems to be up and running.

My findings are:

1. When music dongle is connected it’s impossible to add devices to Homey (device init error or device stays offline). When music dongle disconnected the devices are added.
  2. When grouping 2 devices while the first device was added to Homey u have to delete the first device first in order to add the new grouped devices again as one device.

Don’t know if this is general for everybody but this is what i experianced.

Really strange

Some WiFi devices are not responding
Also my Loqed lock was not responding
After reboot my modem and homey it’s working again
Does anyone know what is the problem
Homey was responding and online (accessible via the app)

Maybe you don’t use fixed IP addresses?

Interesting. I would not have expected the pairing process to get confused by that. Would it be feasible for your to reproduce this particular situation and create an app diag report for me? I would be very interested in what the api tells in this moment. I got no music dongle to reproduce this.

This might make sense, as the api does not really know about the device as a device. It is more like pairing an api controllable Twinkly object, which can consist of several devices. I would assume that the unique ID is changing if the device is grouped with another. I will put this onto the issues list for now. Might not be overly simple to fix this usecase for Homey.

I have only just started to use the app again yesterday for Christmas lights. Installed version 4.0.14 and added the lights afresh. This morning the lights were no available so had to use the Repair option. It seemed to fail several times but when I closed the tile the triangle had gone and it was working.
So not sure why it went offline but also could be a refresh issue with the Repair task.

I don’t want to worry you. But I have seen such happen with older firmwares on one of my FritzBox routers too. It would, after some time (roughtly once a month) decide to no longer route part of the connections. As if it simply would refuse the outgoing connections. For me, only a reboot helped there. The problem vanished with one of the later updates though.
It could indeed, indicate a bug in your router.

There are indeed several known issues in regards to connections. When this offline situation comes up. Does the status message in the unavailable device say “Device seems to be offline” or is there a different message?

The repair should work fine but I will have a look at it again soon as well, just in case :smiley:

I will make a more careful note next time.

1 Like