[App][Cloud&Pro] Twinkly

Are there peeps with groups of lights where all cards of the app actually works?
4.0.14 app version
Firmware version of the lights 2.8.3

No, App didn‘t works since last weekend.

I got 5 strings (gen1), 1 string is added directly to Homey and the other 4 strings as 1 virtual string and both of them are NOT working in Homey, they both report to be offline.

When i open the twinkly app they work fine, but in homey they are offline :frowning:

When i ‘reboot’ them they start to work again, but after a while they report offline again and repairing does not work either.
I installed the test version as well but they are still offline.

Rather useless app this way if they only work for a few hours…

Please fix.

Well, as I already mentioned countless times, this problem is not caused by the Homey app and I cannot fix it there. It must be fixed by Twinkly in the product.
I know that this is an annoying situation but I cannot do anything about it. The known issues are listed above the changelog in the second post and I will provide updates to the situation as I receive feedback from Twinkly.

1 Like

is maybe the following possible as an ‘emergency’ temporally fix?

Add twinkly to google home, let google home turn twinkly on/off if an other light is switch on/off?

At the moment i only use homey to turn twinkly on or of, no other functions.

Not sure if google home works with twinkly (and of course keeps working) and that i link the twinkly light to other (x-mass) lights, so if the other x-mass lights are turned on (by homey) and google detects this they turn on(or off) the twinkly light using routines or something…

Nice promo, Thomas :wink:

What to do if nothing from above helps ? Diag. code if it would help :

4eee1057-a9e7-4cbf-a30c-e4c1fa656821

update Seems it did work, it just took more minutes. I have also disconnected lights from power for aprox. 30sec

My twinkly only holds up for a few hours and then its not working trough Homey anymore.

Google Home is still able to change it and the normal app ofcourse

Indeed and I don’t understand why they advertise it in the newsletter if it is not working with Homey properly. It works just fine with HomeBridge however the Homey app is faulty. :confused:

That’s Athom. ;-). I had also complained that the apps advertised work more poorly than well. Looking also to Dyson-, Roomba and Gardena-App. On ioBroker all these Apps working without noteworthy problems. But i love my Homey nonetheless. :-).

1 Like

Just released v4.0.16.
The latest version also includes a fix which should address the inability to control freshly added device groups. Also improved the error messages if a device became unavailable, to give more detail on what is wrong.

I get this after trying the repair option

That’s weird. Did you try it again few minutes later?
Just retested the repair feature (just in case), works flawless for me.

Hmm no no luck yet

hm. That’s strange. Perhaps something is off with Athom’s OAuth library. This is fishing in the dark but maybe if could help to restart the app from the More…->Apps menu

1st generation Twinkly (105) still don’t turn on :frowning: Turn off is working fine.

2959d500-eda4-4ba1-b2a1-f89a45da3a73

Log file looks good. Cannot see any errors. But I cannot tell you why the mode restore command is not working for your Gen1 device. Also did not get any feedback on this issue back from Twinkly, yet. I got no Gen1 device here to reproduce this.

Thank you for cheking this. Sad :frowning:

Authentication token broken (known issue :frowning_face: ) please use repair

1 Like