[APP][Pro] Bluesound - Multi-room Music. The Hi-Res Way

Thanks, as soon as I have time I’ll let you know.

Btw. In the (v2) app I can not change the volume. I can mute, But not un-mute.

Added some extra debug logging to the (un)mute action card as well. Please test this while running the app from the command line so I can see what is going on.

v1.2.7 - 2018-12-14

• NEW: action card for changing input to next or previous input
  • EXPERIMENTAL: action card for changing input to a given input (will switch through inputs until given input matches the switched input)
1 Like

Hi @Phuturist,

Just tried the update. Switch input card seems not to be doing anything. If i do a flow with the card it just keeps loading. No errors, the card keeps loading. While if i do it manually in browser it works.

http://192.168.178.249:11000/ExternalSource?id=-
http://192.168.178.249:11000/ExternalSource?id=%2B

I’m still getting sometimes a Unreachable error. I just wait 10min and the device is back ‘online’. I know, one day i’ll install the CLI version. I checked all router settings but can’t find anything that would explain it. Router settings are OK according to bluesound support. And if the device would be completely unreachable the app would not work. I’m assuming that somehow connection lost between Homey and the Bluesound device. Maybe Bluesound bans ip’s sometimes for x minutes. I don’t know.

The experimental card does switch inputs. But it doesn’t stop at the correct one and it always stops on the BlueOS input. I guess because the BlueOS respons is different then the others.

BlueOS respons: https://pastebin.com/KjDhNXRg
Platenspeler respons: https://pastebin.com/BiYP0Jnk

Without feedback from the command line there is nothing I can do.

Dear Jelger,
Top addition for my Homey. Thé app I was hoping for…
Very happy and used the Donate button to express my happy state of mind… :slight_smile:
I have made several flows already managing a set of 5 series 1 Bluesound’s successfully.
I have 4 types running; VAULT, power Node, nodes and Pulse.
Let me know if I can be of help one way or the other?
If I reduced the 4 sec polling to for instance 10, what would be effect?
Would I gain much by reducing network traffic? Why 4 sec?
Regards,
Mike

Thank you for your donation, it’s much appreciated! :pray:

The 4 seconds are there to make sure an update request is handled before a new request is fired, also on slower WiFi networks. I dont wanna DDOS any Bluesound devices out there … :slight_smile: . Having a higher polling frequency will result in a delayed sync between the Bluesound device and it’s representation within Homey. Let’s say you want to trigger a flow based on “is turned on” action card and you switch on the device with the remote or Bluesound app. Worst case your flow will trigger 10 seconds after you actually switched on the device because Homey is not yet aware of this because it has not polled the device state yet.

About helping out, I’m really curious what happens with the new action cards I made for Quakerix. Appeareantly they both do not work but since I dont own a Bluesound device I can not test this. If you have any technical skills I could create a debug version on Github that would give me some more feedback so I might be able to troubleshoot the issues. Just let me know if you can be of assistance here.

Tech yes, but not familiar with Github. Would need to dive into that to be of help.

Is there a way to take this offline?

I may have a spare node I could let you experiment with?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mike

[mod break: removed phone numbers for user safety - caseda]

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT DON’T PRINT THIS EMAIL UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED TO.

This e-mail and its attachments may contain information which is confidential and/or legally privileged.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer and IT systems.

You must not copy, re-transmit, use or disclose (other than to the sender) the existence or contents of this e-mail or its attachments or permit anyone else to do so.

1 Like

v1.3.0 - 2018-02-07

• FIX: improvements to pairing template for firmware 2.x
  • FIX: removed experimental card for switching input based on user input
  • FIX: code refactoring in driver (replace callbacks with promises)
1 Like

v1.3.1 - 2019-04-18

• NEW: relative volume action card
1 Like

I have been using the bluesound app on Homey for a while. Sometimes somehow the connections is lost (the device gets a red triangle badge, and when you click it, it say the device is not available). One solution I used in such situations is to remove the device and add it again.

But now I enter the IP and press the button to test the connection and I get Unknown Error, and it says to check if Homey and the device are in the same network.

They are in the same network. On my phone, also in that network, I can browse that IP to get the diagnostics page of the speaker. I can also get the status on port 11000 using this url http://192.168.178.44:11000/Status

Behavior is the same for my othe bluesound speakers.

So now I am stuck as I can no longer use the app.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Joep

In the Bluesound app there are diagnostics. It will give you a log file of the device. Scan it for issues. You should see something if Homey fires a command.

In your router you should have certain settings set correctly. Ask bluesound support for these.

But in general I do also have lost connections sometimes. Never found out why. I’m now on a different router, so it has to something with the app or Homey. No idea what. I’m already very happy with it working 80% of the time

If you know your way around the command line you could run the app in debug mode. It would tell me more on what is going on. I don’t own a Bluesound device myself so I can’t troubleshoot it.

Is there an instruction somewhere on how to do that?

Joseph, for a long time I had issues with speakers disappearing from groups. It had to do in my case with the old fashion wifi connection. I have them hardwired using power line units and no more problems with groups failing or units disappearing. Even a few second drop throws the sync off.
Mike

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issues as Joseph, bluesound devices not responding while they are responding outside Homey via the IP that’s been configured in Homey.

I succesfully installed the debug app, but I’m now looking for instructions what to do with it.

V Pre-processing app...
V Validating app...
V Homey App validated successfully
? Choose an active Homey: Homey (o
You have selected `Homey` as your
V Packing Homey App...
 - App size: 509.5 KB
V Installing Homey App on `Homey`
1 Like

You need to run the app from command line with the command athom app run. It will then spit out more logging on what is going on on the command line. If you run the debug version from the branch below it will even spit out more info. After you have done this you can post the output here and I can perhaps see what is going on.

If you guys figure it out. I love you. Have been to busy/lazy to do it myself.

@Phuturist is it possible in 2.0 to add cards to a device. You currently have 3 cards. A fourth would be nice in which I could choose a preset(favorite). I can give you the api commands.

I assume you mean the cards when clicking on the device itself. These cards are auto generated by the capabilities of a device. There is a possibility to add custom capabilities but without exactly know what you want to achieve it’s hard to tell if it’s possible. How would the extra card look like, what interaction should be possible and what should it do.