[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Simplify your life with a smarter home

Not quite correct. Apps can implement Matter devices, but their main function is to make the device discoverable via the Homey App Store. For example, the Eve App for Homey only includes Matter devices, and its purpose is to ensure everything is easily accessible for the end user. :wink:

However, an app doesn’t need to support the device via Matter for it to work with Homey. You can simply select “Matter” when adding a new device to Homey.

Abe,
Thanks for elaborating; this is new to me, and I really think this crucial detailed info needs to be added to the app store and knowledge base.
Up 'till now I thought I’ve read somewhere a Matter device doesn’t need an app, only if the developer wants to implement custom capabilities (if that’s true at all).

When I search for Matter apps, it shows 4 apps, but it also mentions you don’t need an app? Very confusing for many users imho.

So apps cannot implement device support, they can only add metadata. If Homey’s Matter implementation is missing features, an app cannot implement them, like they can with Zigbee or Z-Wave.

Hi @TedTolboom ,

would it be possible to adjust battery level monitoring for lumi.sensor_ht.agl02 ?

Seems it’s way too much dependent on outside temperature, eg. compared to lumi.weather (on graph placed on same location) and I’m getting false battery warning and it’s also not possible to adjust battery warning level for those sensors.

Thank you.

1 Like