[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - Simplify your life with a smarter home

Don’t have one yet… are you offering one? :grin:
I do think, but in exceptional cases I could be wrong, that this panel is a mini controller that could be integrated only through WiFi; so out of scope for my app…

@gregory75 I didn’t mention it would require a Homey software update… did I?

the issue resides in the DataTypes node_module which is a dependency within the Zigbee-Clusters, which is in fact a dependency within the Zigbee-Meshdriver where all my devices drivers depend on to interact with Homey’s Zigbee core…

While waiting for it, the DataTypes module has been updated, where I will need to force installation of the Zigbee-Meshdriver to force update all underlying dependencies…
I might push this app’s update to the App Store this evening, if the misses allows me to do so.

Sssst… didn’t tell the misses. See app update v1.2.2

2 Likes

Family first. Enjoy the winter holidays man! Who the heck cares if the thingy it’s restoring the power or not after power failure. Not me anyway!
P.S. Haha, you’re fast.

Thanks and I know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But I do… loose ends and it blocks me to add other options.
And enjoy your holiday season as well!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great app, Aqara support was one of the first requirements for the move to Homey. :slight_smile:

I was wondering if there is a way to get Luminance info to the Aqara Motion Sensor logging? I only see “Motion alarm turned on/off” in the history right now. Not a big deal since it is available in insights as well, but it would be nice to have access to it from the device directly.

Have you tried the insights? Doesn’t that show you enough info?

As mentioned in the post I know Luminance is also availalbe from insights, but the log view is easily accessible directly from the device. Additionally, Insights strangely enough does not contain the Motion Alarm info. IMO Insights should be accessible directly from a device, and contain both luminance and Motion info. But that’s for another thread. :slight_smile:

I was just wondering if the log info can be changed by the dev at all.

@JeeHaa Thanks for the compliment.
With all my app’s I try to keep it simple (to maintain and further develop) and follow the default guidelines from Athom. So boolean (e.g. alarm) capabilities are visible in the device logs and not in insights and numerical (e.g. luminance) capabilities are visible in insights.

Which I can also understand… it is not wanted to have frequent numerical value updates visible in the device logs, not being able to see the alarm state changes.
If you want to change this, please contact Athom for a feature request.

1 Like

Then no :wink: And to follow @TedTolboom’s point; you could request a new feature, but to be honest I don’t think it’ll stick. With the new webapp however there is a much better consolidated configuration point to see both insights and devices.

Ultimatly I switched to v5 :crossed_fingers:. Most (some minor glitches wich I manage to solve by restarting an app every hour or so by aid of a flow…) of my stuff seems to be working. However my initial problem isn’t solved. Stil not able to connect my light sensor… When I try to add the sensor the app keeps stuck on the question to push the reset button for more then 5 sec. When the sensor gives the 3 flashes nothing happens… Tried PTP, tried several distances, restarting the app,… The only response is coming from the sensor which, after his 3 flashes, gives intermittend flashes (counted like ten of them)
Homey is on 5.0.0-rc.49, Aqara app is 1.2.2

I had a similar issue with a sensor, pressed the button and the lights would blink. Eventually I changed the battery of the sensor and after that it immediately connected.

Thx for the tip, tried it but still no go… :disappointed:

This is slightly off topic, it depends on how many devices/routers you have and whether or not you are not reaching max. number of direct connections to Homey (I didn’t check if you shared this info already or not). If you do have more routers already (non battery powered devices) I would suggest to wait for mesh to stabilize and then try it again (after one day, sometimes could be longer).

For me with sufficient number of routers and with"stable" mesh always had worked following : PTP, wait for all devices to be online after reboot, restart Aqara be ZigBee app, wait again for devices to come online and then try to add it again. Btw, I’m now on 61 devices…

RC50 is already out.

For now i am at 12 zigbee devices, so not at max so far. But i ll wait for my stable mesh before i give it a new try. Thx for the advice

Got it! Resetting the zigbee network solved my problems!!!

2 Likes

Hi,

Got this app working for a couple of months now. In my opinion it works great.

I experience only one problem and maybe someone knows if it’s a common problem or maybe no problem at all and it’s just what it is.

I have about 15 Ikea Zigbee lights in my house (it’s a small house) and I have a few Aqara D1 wireless switches and a few Aqara mini switches. All flows connected to these devices work. Only I experience a delay of 2 to 3 seconds from the moment of pressing a light switch and the light being turned on or off. Is this normall behaviour?

Regards,
Dennis

Does the delay als occur when you turn the bulb on from the app? And have you also tried turning on other zigbee devices with the same switches to rule out the Aqara switch?

I experienced a delay with turning on Ikea E27 bulbs (Warm White 860), but that was about 1s (full brightness) to 2s (max. dimmed). Curious to know if that is faster for you, because a delay of >0.5s is not acceptable to me for hallways etc.

Hi,

Well I have several Aqara switches, all being wireless. It does not matter which one I use. All showing the same delay.

I also ruled out the light switches by simply turning on / of one of the lights through the Homey app, but that didn’t help.

So the issue is not with the switches but with the IKEA lights? How many lights do you switch at once from a flow?

Indeed, if the delay is also present when turning on a single bulb from the app than that would definitely point to the lights and not the Aqara switches.

And it unfortunately also confirms my observation that some Ikea lights are just (too) slow, which is why I switched to cheap Osram E27 dimmable bulbs, and they are a bit faster to turn on. :frowning:

Hi Robert,

Switching on 1 bulb takes about 2 seconds. Switching on 6 bulbs at once takes even longer and without using a Group-app.

If I use an Aqara switch to turn on the computer with the wake on LAN app, the computer turns on instantly.

But if this is normall, well then this is just what it is.