[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Do you also have Thread devices being managed by Homey?

1 Like

Unfortunately even when you add a router, it doesn’t necessarily means that particular device will route over it, mostly Aqara devices misbehaves in this. On the other side, more routers is always better to create stable mesh. When you recreated your Zigbee mesh, you followed simple rule - first routers, battery powered devices second, right ? (even if you mesh has been stable so far and you did not more devices since July, I don’t believe it would have been necessary)

Jul 22 Athom released final v12 - do you use as well experimental versions or it’s possible that around that date you have installed v12 ? I see some issues since that version as well, randomly disappearing devices from mesh, almost have to do repair every week while it was stable for a year for me.
I suspect this change :

**Zigbee**
* Fixes an issue that caused unnecessary communication with devices.

But it’s just my observation, which could be wrong.

Sure :

2 Likes

I do have Matter over Thread devices (one to test the concept), do you have experience that it works badly with Zigbee? This device is my only Zigbeen device, next to the router device, that I really use as part of the home automation.

But it’s just my observation, which could be wrong.

I do agree that this could be a related issue.
It is very much possible the update was installed around that date. I remember it happened during my abroad trip that started two days before and when I got back I noticed the misbahior of the device.

do you use as well experimental versions

Not on this HP, I have others for that but they dont have Zigbee devices managed.

Thanks for the webapi script, going to be part of my reference links :slight_smile:

Let’s just say that other home automation platforms that use the same Zigbee/Thread hardware as Homey advice to not run Zigbee and Thread together on the same chip due to possible issues.

But as @Sharkys already pointed out, around the time your issues started, Athom also published a new firmware with some Zigbee changes, so it could also be that. Due to lack of log files or other debugging information, it’s basically impossible to pinpoint an exact cause.

1 Like

Thanks, ill get me a zwave alternative as a backup device, lets see if this gets fixed.
@Sharkys full removal/add seems to still be working. Maybe that fixes it for the long run also.

1 Like

When will there be support for the fp1e presence sensor?

1 Like

Waiting also to this device is supported by aqara homey app

Hello All,
I got a lot of problem with the Aqara Opple. The Connection are moretime brocken. Then I need to reconnect it again and again.

In addition, now there is failure massage if I want to add/reconnect it: The device stopped responding and could not be added.

Do you know, where I can contact the developer or get help?

Thx U

Maybe try to read the first post of this topic first… :innocent:

With matter activated on the Aqara E1 hub you can make (most of) the devices connected to the hub available in Homey by means of Matter.

Apps don’t manage Zigbee connections, that is done by Homey itself. So if you have any issues with that, you have to contact Athom.

I would also like to know the answer to this.

Unknown means unsupported. You’ll have to wait for support or use a workaround like using an Aqara hub that supports Matter, or a different Zigbee controller like zigbee2mqtt.

Just wanted to give a big thank you message to the developer working on this. Keep up the good work!

Yes I did it already and I got this Feedback from Homey Team:

Thank you for contacting support.

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Aqara.

Unfortunately this isn’t an app which we have developed. Because we didn’t develop this, I couldn’t tell you what is going on.
Please contact the app developer so he can take a look at your issue. You can reach him via this link: [APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

For now this is all I can do for you, which is why I’m closing your ticket.

I wish you a great day and a lot of fun with Homey!
Best Regards,
Daphne
Athom Support

Is there no support for aqara cameras?

Yes, that’s what they do: they blame app developers for their own broken system :man_shrugging:t3:

Does Aqara have any Zigbee cameras? Because this is a Zigbee-only app.

i would like to install Aqara light sensor model GZCQ11LM by the application aqara but "i have the following message “no homey app to support this device. i choosed the xaomi lignt sensor T1 on the application and it doesn’t work either

thank in advance

1 Like