[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Possibly caused by interaction between the smart plug and another device, for instance Aqara and IKEA are known to be able to communicate with each other outside of Homey (which also explains why the message says “door Aqara”, it means the app received a message from the smart plug that it turned itself off, likely due to some external cause).

See this, for instance. However, since Homey doesn’t support firmware update for Zigbee it’ll be difficult to fix if this is the cause.

1 Like

Thanks, but that is pretty stupid. I made a monitoring flow to inform me and switch it back on if power drops.

Any news related to the new zigbee presence sensor fp1e supported by aqara homey pro app?

1 Like

Please stop asking, if there’s any news you’ll read it here.

3 Likes

In have an Aqara Single Switch T1 (With Neutral) connected via the official Homey Aqara app to my Homey Pro 2023. Homey runs firmware 12.0.0 and the installed Aqara app version is 1.9.0.

The device works: it switches on/off and provides readings of current consumption (Watt) and total energy used (kWh).

I noticed in some Home Assistant communities/YouTube videos that this device can report on additional metrics, like the current Ampères, Voltage and device temperature. I also have other energy measuring capable devices (like plugs and switches from Shelly and Innr) that also report Amps and Volts. I assume the Aqara T1 would also be able to provide this data.

How can I enable reporting on these additonal metrics/capabilities?

Unless you see them directly in Homey. eg. as N/A capabilities , they have been NOT implemented by the developer.

Thanks. No I don’t see those capabilities directly in Homey.

@TedTolboom: I tried to log an issue for this, but the github link at the topic start does not seem to work. Would be nice if the missing Amp/Volt/Device Temp capabilities could be added to the Aqara app for the Aqara Single Switch T1 (With Neutral).

Just in case developer would catch this message ;-(

2 Likes

Is there any indication when the Cube T1 will be supported for Homey Pro 2023?"

“if there’s any news you’ll read it here”

1 Like

Hello everyone. Was wondering if the Aqara Smart Hub E1 is a getaway that can be added to the homey via the Xiaomi or Aqara app?

Nope, it’s based on different protocol…even on HA seems to be kind of specific/complicated.

Thanks @Sharkys

Hey @Sharkys, do you know if the new M3 aqara hub works with homey via matter and if the child devices are visible?

Unfortunately I don’t have such experience, based on supported devices I don’t think so - https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/9075551662108-Matter-for-Homey-Pro-Early-2023

Please let me know if this is still best place to report that the T1 Door and Window Sensor is not working in Homey Pro 2019? or if there is somewhere better? thanks

I am running a TVOC air quality monitor device for a year. Since several weeks (or more) it doesn’t update it’s values anymore. Once in while (hours, sometimes days) one of the values suddenly gets updated in homey (like humidity but not temp). Connection icon on the device is visible.
Maintenance repair works for several hours, then it dies again.
I see others reporting similar issues with other devices but no resolutions except switching to a hub and add through matter.

I submitted error reports but no response so far.

Does anyone have the base code files for Aqara Wall Switch H1 (no neutral, double rocker)?
Or know where to access those files?

I guess developer do not respond to the diag. reports for reasons, that such misbehaving sensor will simply not show any entry in the log - it will simply stop responding and that’s either Homey issue or device issue (not of those you see however in the app log)

• which Homey
  • which firmware version,
  • for how long it misbehaves (you can estimate it based on Insights)
  • If you check display, do you see battery icon (empty battery)
  • what is device firmware version - it must be 2020 but I guess this is not your case, if it worked for a year

As last step, you can move sensor to Homey, completely remove it and then add it again (if you will copy device ID before removal, you can use WebApi script to fix your flows) - I had that can like year ago but it has been fixed since then.

it will simply stop responding and that’s either Homey issue or device issue

Homey support basicly gives the same answer, the zigbee network isnt showing anything weird from the logs, I tried to reset the zigbee network. That worked also for a day or two.

Details

Homey: HP2023
Firmware: 12.0.1
Misbehave: Based on insights it started 29 july
Battery icon: Yes, right on the top that normally disapears if you unpair it or when zigbee network is out of range (when I got it, I had zigbee nework range issues with it, added a router device to resolve that)
Firmware: 2020
Device: lumi.airmonitor.acn01

Next

I will indeed do the full removal and readd now, see if it resolves it. It will take probable a day or so before it fails again.
Can you point me to the WebApi script? This one only has one flow so I an manage, but never seen that before and I have anough of these changes to use something like that in the future :slight_smile: