[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Yes, Im using the Aqara app on a Homey Bridge. Only the EU version is listed. Homey lets me add the US version, but just as a generic device and I get no features other than on and off.

Ok, please contact the Developer / Aqara using the info in the Homey App store,

Therefore moved to that Topic.

Or learn how to use tags and the built-in Logic cards to compare them to particular values.

And due to this my post is hidden. Must be a joke :triumph:

I have no idea, but perhaps it might be because your post was in Dutch instead of English, which is the dedicated language for this topic, @Frans_Keeman

2 Likes

I was trying to setup my Aqara smart plug T1 (ZNCZ15LM) and noticed it’s not on the list. Any plans on supporting this soon?

Thanks in advance.

Try pairing it as a generic Zigbee device.

I manage to pair it as a generic zigbee device but it’s lacking the power usage measurement feature that the device is capable of.

I can provide more detail on the topic of US devices. Ultimately, Aqara determines which devices are included in the Aqara App for Homey. Historically, our focus has been primarily on the European market, so there wasn’t a pressing need to add support for devices based in the US or Asia. Both @TedTolboom and I have communicated to Aqara the importance of supporting these devices, though they remain somewhat hesitant.

Feel free to contact Aqara directly to express your interest in having these devices added! :wink:

That’s not due to my reply, but probably because you didn’t translate it to english as asked by the moderator.

Yes, that’s logical because it is now added as a “generic” device. So support for only basic functions like on/off and not support power measurement. For those capabilities you need an app to support it.

Agree. I was hoping this device can be added to Aqara app.

It depends on which Homey is used. For Homey Pro (early 2023), the power measurement capabilities were added with firmware v10.1.0 for generic Zigbee devices:

(Source)

But afaik, this only applies to simple plugs, light switches etc. It will still not work with a double plug, for example.

@Jonathan_K, if you’re using a HP23, please contact Athom support.

1 Like

Power measurements is included in homey for all zigbee devices even generic. (Since some time). I have some and it works (like din rail switch from AliExpress)

Christopher Charpentier

@robertklep - Answer from Athom:
I have forwarded your report to our developers.
It appears that your device has an ID for which there is no driver. This is why it doesn’t work. Unfortunately, you cannot see from the outside which ID the device has. Perhaps the developer of the app can do something with this?

I told you they would refer back to the app developer, and they are wrong. As far as I know, the error “Unable to connect” is not related to there not being a driver.

Try pairing the device as a generic Zigbee device (pick “Homey > Zigbee” in the device chooser) to see if it will pair like that or also generate the same error.

@robertklep - I did try to add it as a generic Zigbee device. Same error.

Yes, that’s what I thought :roll_eyes: All you can do is go back to Athom and tell them that this has nothing to do with the app but with their Zigbee implementation.

Have you tried to pair this device in really close distance ? Or pressing button when pairing eg. every 2 sec ? (not like during reset but to keep it awake, even it’s obviously not battery powered device). Just read Debug assistance requested for 'undefined' Zigbee model for Aqara SSM-U01 · Issue #2485 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters · GitHub, where developer of zigbee2mqtt had to implement retries during interview - Improve reliability of interview procedure. https://github.com/Koenkk… · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman@f2d196a · GitHub - it’s quite old issue (2021?) but in Homey there is no such way on app side to “fix” such device behavior, so only way could be to keep it awake and keep it in very close distance.
If you tried that and still no success, then as Robert wrote…

Hi,

I have several Aqara temperature and humidity sensors and one TVOC sensor (also Aqara). For some reason sensor information in Homey is sometimes several hours old. Sometimes sensor updates readings in shorter intervals. TVOC sensor drops the connection to Homey frequently.

Is there any way to make information updates in regular intervals or get notification when sensors drops the connection. Is the problem in Aqara or Homey end?