[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Perhaps no messages are send and/or no updates are stored when the measured value is the same as the previous measurement. To save bandwidth and memory.
Just hold the temperature sensor in your hand so the temperature raises, and see the intervals between the measurements.

It’s not updatet if the sensor has nothing to update, to save battery.
Only if humidity or temperature has changed enough there is an update.
If a bettery powered device would update regularly the battery would be empty in no time.

It is possible, even some sleepy devices send updates in regular intervals, temperature sensors even more often then the others. For that reasons I developed script :

Note - there seems to be problem with latest Homeyscript, classic version still works, the updated one not anymore and Athom is looking on it.

1 Like

How does Homey inform you about that?

1. Does the timeline say ‘TVOC sensor left the network’
    Or
  2. does the sensor silently stop sending updates?

When 2), do you have Ikea zigbee lights (= router = almost any mains powered zigbee device) as well?

They often don’t mix very well, with Aqara sensors going silent after a while.
Re-pairing them (without first removing) fixes it. For a while that is.

Hi Ted,
Dit you hear from Athom yet about the option to enable responding as described below:

The Aqara light sensor GZCGQ01LM is getting difficult to aquire

Regsrds,
Ruud

This has been implemented for quite a while now (firmware v10.1.4 for HP2023, firmware v10.0.6 for HP2016-2019).

Thanks Robert for clearing that up. I’ll ask Ted to give it another go to try implementing support for the new Aqara GZCGQ11LM light sensor.

1 Like

Hi Ted,

Any chance you’ll give it another go to add support for the new GZCGQ11LM sensors from Aqara?

1 Like

@Ruud-Z ,

The Aqara light sensor is supported.

What kind of problems do you have with it (I do not understand what “aquire” means)?

I have constant issues keeping Aqara temp&humidity sensors, door&window sensors and mini switches staying connected to Homey Pro.

The same issue on two different HP2019s and a HP2023. With most recent Homey firmware versions (even experimental HP2023 v11.0.1-rc.2).
I have tried repairing as well as deleting and re-installing.
The Aqara firmware is updated to most recent versions.
No problem connecting, but they only stay connected for a few days and sometime only hours.

I have a similar issue with some IKEA devices (parasoll contact sensor and signal repeater).

Aqara smart plug (zigbee router device) is not a problem.
I also have other Zigbee devices with no problems: innr plugs, frient plugs, IKEA bulbs, IKEA styrbar remote, IKEA vallhorn motion, smpl displays.

Hi Marius, the current Aqara app v1.9.0 for Homey does not yet supports the latest model Xiaomi Light sensors (type GZCGQ11LM)
Only supports the no longer available previous model (type GZCGQ01LM)
Ted Tolboom is the author

3 Likes

This is a Homey problem, not an app problem, and probably related to the note that’s posted for the v11.0.0 firmware here: Homey Pro (Early 2023) Changelog | Homey

Perhaps?
The experimental versions have been a great improvement on other Zigbee issues and Aqara/IKEA problems existed before v10.3.0, although not as bad as now!?
Sometimes a fix create other issues😔

It’s still not an app problem, apps don’t deal with maintaining connections to devices.

1 Like

OK. So, could also be a device issue?

Given that you have issues with different brands, it suggests a Homey issue or possibly an interference issue (since you have the problem with two Homey’s as well).

Hi Ted,

Any chance you’ll give it another go to add support for the new GZCGQ11LM sensors from Aqara?

Hi @TedTolboom,

I have both Aqara Smart Plug (lumi.plug.mAeu01) and Xiaomi Smart Plug (lumi.plug.mMeu01). The energy measurement works normally with mAeu01 but unfortunately not correctly with mMeu01.

Could you also implement your fix for mMeu01?

To bad, i finally got a aqara sensor from ali. Doesn’t work. Unknown Zigbee-sensor.
I am on the latest homey firmware 11.0.1-rc.2 nd homey pro 23.
Will this change or do i need to buy somthings else?

The Aqara app needs an update to support the new T1 light sensor

4 Likes