[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

This problem is several months old already with the ‘‘single switch module t1 (with neutral)’’, since the last updates from you/athom they kinda work but are really hard to pair (sometimes i have to try 10 times). after they are paired finally the manufacturer name is unknown (a interview doesn’t help to change this). i tried to add them both the direct zigbee way and via the app. (another small remark some devices that don’t have flows and are only used for energy metering randomly switch off sometimes, this happens to both the T1 and the normal sockets.)

I have used option 2: Already using the Aqara app, used the option to add a device, selected the Aqara app, selected the “single switch module t1 (with neutral)” device and followed the instructions

Also tried option 3: Used the option add a device, selected Homey and selected Zigbee device and followed the generic instructions

Same results.

It seems that with Homey 2023 and the latest Aqara app (1.9.0), the manufacturer becomes “Unknown” for newly paired Aqara temperature and humidity sensors (not the T1) version.

I recently migrated from an old Homey 2019, and all of these sensors carried over the manufacturer name, but when I pair new ones, the manufacturer name becomes “Unknown”.

I just tested it with a brand new sensor that I have had lying around for a year or more (so it is the same as the other ones I have), so this is not due to the sensor. Whether it has anything to do with the Aqara app, I don’t know. The sensors are working without any issues, so this is more of a quirk than a real issue.

I am adding the device explicitly, meaning I select the Aqara app and then the correct device.

@TedTolboom Not sure if this is something you can or should investigate or not.

Here’s what it looks like in Developer Tools:

There are 5 of these sensors in this screenshot, the three at the top was migrated and shows “LUMI” for the manufacturer, the two at the bottom was paired on the Homey 2023, and shows “Unknown”.

So we’re likely talking about two or three different issues (not the same issue).

This is always the preferred option. In some cases, Aqara devices do not announce the manufacturer ID during inclusion to Homey. Using this option, that lack of manufacturer ID is compensated and will still result in finding a match.

You’re trying to add the Chinese version (model ID DLKZMK11LM) of the “Single switch module t1 (with neutral)” and not the by the app supported global (CE certified) version (model ID SSM-U01). Although the naming might be similar, there are differences in device HW and FW. This version is not supported by this app.

Zigbee device inclusion is executed by Homey’s Zigbee core, outside the app environment. Only after a match has been found based on the manufacturer ID and product ID, the device instance is created within the app environment. I have no access to the diagnostics logs of the Zigbee core, only Athom has. In order to investigate what goes wrong, please report this issue to Athom and provide a diagnostics report to them.
In some cases, a fresh reboot / PTP of Homey and including a Zigbee device shortly after that can solve issues with Zigbee inclusion.

There is no code within this device driver that is switching on / off the device actively (without user or flow interaction). Possible causes could be over current protection kicking in or the use of Zigbee remote controls (e.g. from Ikea that will send a on/off command to a specific Zigbee group (1) by default, which some devices might me listening to)…

See my comment above… this should be mitigated and will not be hampering the functioning of the device.

I’m not sure which of your comments you are referring to, but since these devices must have included the manufacturer when they was paired to the old Homey, surely the same thing happens also when paired with the new one?

That said, it sounds like this is possibly an issue with the Homey core (e.g. not actually reading the manufacturer during inclusion), and has nothing to do with the app. And also, as mentioned, they are working just fine, so it isn’t a problem, just a quirk.

This one:

In some cases, Aqara devices do not announce the manufacturer ID during inclusion to Homey. Using this option (Aqara app > select device), that lack of manufacturer ID is compensated and will still result in finding a match.

1 Like

Just a heads up to anyone buying the Door and Window sensors (For anyone searching T1 or Hub).

• The Blue box by default is normal and the Brownish box is the T1 (Noted with it’s own icon). You may get better range with T1, but folks report little difference in performance. I’m getting immediate feedback on the normal ones so far.
  • Pairing doesn’t require the Aqara hub with Homey even though the boxes may say so. I didn’t even need to register the sensor in the Aqara App (I did for the Presence Sensor FP2, but the FP2 is WiFi not Zigbee)
  • Connecting can be a bit of pain, but I just connected some today and they eventually synced with Homey after 5+ attempts.

1 Like

hello, I bought the Aqara Cuba T1 pro a year ago and it was not supported, I waited another year to try again, it is not supported yet. does anyone know if this newer cube will be supported in the future, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Aqara Motion Sensor P1 - When i connect it to Homey it founds the sensor but lost connection to it just seconds later. I´s this a bug or a faulty sensor?!

More likely an issue with your Zigbee network (too much interference, not enough router devices, the device being placed too far from the nearest router).

I am new to Zigbee, and this is my first item. So i have no router devices only the Homey Pro device and this Pir device, can that be the problem?!

I have also tried to put the sensor just one meter from the Homey Pro, but that did not help! :frowning:

It depends on how far you keep the PIR device from Homey. It shouldn’t be more than a couple of meters probably.

I just edited my text in my latets post! :slight_smile:

What exactly are the symptoms? You write that it “lost connection”, but what exactly does that mean?

Homey Pro states that it lost connection to the device and i never get any sensordata to Homey. But i do see that it founds the device.

If it’s a HP2023, it might be caused by the (known) Zigbee issue with the latest firmware versions (see this page for more info).

It could also be an issue with interference. Since you only have one Zigbee device, you can try resetting the Zigbee network to see if that fixes it. You can do that from here.

In any case, this isn’t an issue with the app, it happens on a lower level.

2 Likes

It worked as a charm, after resitting Zigbee network and reconnect the sensor it came alive!!

Thanks for the support!!

Sofar I am quite happy with this app.
Recently I added some new devices and had to scratch my head which install device icon to select. There are quite a few Icons looking identical when pairing displayed on my screens (tablet / smartphone). Is it possible to fix this? In case there is a difference a visible hint in the description would be appreciated (not hidden after the dots).
Thanks
P.s.: If it really doesn’t matter what device icon I select on pairing why provide different ones?
Just to confuse the ru… ? :wink:

Tip: it doesn’t really matter which device you pick during installation, the only thing it does it show the correct instructions on how to pair the device, but if you know those already (or find the pairing instructions for the device on this website) you can pick any device (or pair it as a generic Zigbee device) and Homey will automatically select the correct driver from the correct app.

2 Likes

Please add support for Aqara Cube T1 Pro. Thank you!

2 Likes