[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

Former Home Assistant user here. By SSID crashed, so instead of starting a new HA, I’m trying Honey Pro. Pleasantly surprised so far by how many of my devices have been able to connect to Homey.

My 1 issue is the Aqara P1 Motion Sensor. I have quite a few. I was able to connect them, however, they constantly send low battery warnings incorrectly, and when they sense motion, they stay stuck on detected for a long time. I changed all the settings. It’s not the settings. The Aqara P1 is the only model giving me issues, and it’s every one of them doing it. Anyone else see this behavior? I’d hate to have to buy new motion sensors. All my other brands are working perfectly.

I have had the same issues. I found that I had to completely delete the device a couple of times before it worked properly. “Repair” apparently doesn’t work. I have mine set to blindtime 30 and reset alarm 60. It works perfectly now, but took a lot of trial and error.

1 Like

Sometimes within 1-2 weeks, half of the Aqara devices stop reporting and working.
7 Roller Shade Driver E1 stopped working yesterday.
I reloaded the App, reloaded Homey, it doesn’t help.
I have older Homey 2019.
what happened?
Many people write about this problem. So is there any solution?

Where ?

Which firmware version? Homey Pro (2016—2019) Changelog | Homey
Zigbee

• Fixes an issue that could result in not re-discovering a lost route.

Could be related…

1 Like

Same with me, one of my Xiaomi lights sensors keeps sending those alerts about low battery. I did replace the battery, and now its back on it again withe double low alert.

Homey firmware v10.0.7

I have Homey Pro (Early 2019) Version 10.0.6

I see the new version 10.0.7. Try tu update.
Lately Homey doesn’t offer me updates :frowning:

I recently bought 2 Aqara vibration sensors. Since they support titlt alarm, i tryed to use that. Unfortunately, they are not reporting any tilt alarm and also have differend tilt displayed while they are at the exact same angle side by side:

I don’t get, why they do not report any tilt change. There is no definition on which axis they measure tilt, but i tryed everything and still have no clue. Unfortunately Aqara support is non existent.

Vibration alarm is useless for me due to a lot of false positives and i cannot distinct between real vibratons and false alarm.

Some sensors are not calibrated, or calibrated poorly. With zigbee2mqtt there’s a calibration procedure. I don’t know if Homey supports the same.

1 Like

I can see there is a “Tit reference vector” which has normally 90,90,0 and on the other device it has 39,90,51 … i found no way to reset this to default. Also reseting the device has no effect. The documentation of the sensor is very poor.

I tried to use a Aqara vibration sensor to measure the angle of opening of a Velux roof window. There is a setting under advanced where you can set the start position (tilt reference vector, 0 degree?) but it is totally unreliable.
I have been fiddling with it for some time and gave up.

I am now using a Shelly BLU door/window sensor. The tilt function on this sensor is reliable. The downside is that you need a Shelly Plus device not to far away from the sensor to get it working.

A Swedish retailer says the Aqara Cube T1 is compatible with Honey, is that true? I know the old cube is. :innocent:

Quite interesting article, sadly TED did not implement any of :

• offsets/calibration
  • sensitivity
  • temperature

That explains why some of my 5 vibration sensors sucks in measurements :thinking:

Hmm, don’t tell me I will start using Zigbee2Mqtt in parallel to Homey , my Synology already runs HA, ioBroker :rofl:

It says “via Aqara Gateway”, so you should probably ask in the correct app thread. This app is only for devices that are connected to Homey directly through Zigbee.

To be honest, the vibration sensors aren’t great with z2m either. I used one for a while in my letter box but it was false-triggering too often when it was windy outside, and I wasn’t able to fix that with the sensitivity setting. Now I use a contact sensor that triggers when the letter box lid is opened.

zigbee2mqtt doesn’t take a lot of resources, and your Zigbee network will improve a lot.

2 Likes

Hello,
Now I have older homey version 10.0.7.
I added Temperature and Humidity Sensor T1, but this not working.
Device doesn’t show any information :frowning:

I think that they’re mixing stuff up. Aqara Gateway have not support for the Cube as far as I know, and because I have contacted the old cube through this app, I ask here. :thinking: Mabey they are meaning “Matter”? But matter don’t support that kind off devices yet?

AFAIK the T1 cube isn’t supported by any means.

That was my conclusion too. Just wanna be 100% sure :+1:

1 Like

Hi! Will there be any update for the Aqara single switch H1 with neutral? Was told it should be updated in v. 1.8.2 and Homey 10.0.6. This is for power consumption monitoring…but still nothing.