[APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App)

So what timeframe are we looking at for getting it fixed. They worked perfectly fine before to update to 10.1.4, so there has to something in that firmware that could be reversed or fixed. You have re-created the problem so this should be an easy fix. Thanks

Firstly, itā€™s important to acknowledge that we canā€™t definitively link the 10.1.4 firmware update to the issue at hand. Moreover, reverting this update isnā€™t a viable solution, as it would render future Aqara devices incompatible with Homey. While we have successfully replicated the problem, this does not necessarily guide us towards a resolution, e.g. the log doesnā€™t say ā€œthis is what is going wrongā€ the device just stops reporting its data to Homey.

We are looking into it and, if it is the firmware that is causing the problem, we hope to put forward a fix as soon as possible. Iā€™ll keep you all posted when we have an update :raised_hands:

11 Likes

Thanks for the update!

When interviewing (from Developers Tools) an Aqara Plug installed after the 10.1.4 update, Iā€™ve noticed that the ā€œelectricalMeasurement - sectionā€ is missing from the interview result.
I hope this can be fixed soon. Reported power consumption is a crucial part of many of my flows.

If you got Alexa in the house, you can use it with a workaround for the new cube.
Add the cube to the alexa app.
Set the cube to scenes only in the aqara app but you need to have the aqara bridgeā€¦
You need to make shure that all your homey devices are also in the alexa app.
For flows, you need to make them as favorite to see them in the alexa app.
Once all this ok, then you create a alexa routine.
Trigger, a side of your cube, action, device or scene in alexa.
Works like a charm here.

When will the Wireless Mini Switch T1 be supported?
zb_product_id: ā€œlumi.remote.b1acn02ā€

When will the Door and Window Sensor T1 be supported?
zb_product_id: ā€œlumi.magnet.agl02ā€

Not my fault. Not even tedā€™s fault.
Just giving a solution that did the trick for me.
If your happy with this solution, then iā€™m happy to.
If not, then ignore my help.
Cheers :beers:

I canā€™t connect the AQARA OPPLE SCENE SWITCH 4 and 2 button, Iā€™ve tried everything, any advice?
Homey 2019.

The new P1 Motion Sensor does not go in High Sensivity on any of my four sensors. It does go to Medium and Low without any problems, so there must be a bug in the app? The app goes in Timeout 3000 seconds.

Looking into the Aqara plug power reporting issue in more detail. It appears to be a Aqara plug firmware related issue (an old plug was working on the latest Homey release, but after updating itā€™s firmware to the latest available it is no longer reporting power through the expected attributes / clusters).
Please note that this issue is not only limited to the Homey platform (search on other platforms will yield similar issues).

Together with Athom I am looking into the details, to verify that there is no link to a Homey update.
Which I donā€™t expect.

I might be able to work around the issue (doing some magic), but will need to verify if this is a sustainable solution (providing the right information to the end users).

3 Likes

From what I understood, for most people their plugs suddenly stopped reporting power data. Unless all those people updated the firmware of their plugs somehow (canā€™t be done with Homey), I donā€™t see how an Aqara firmware issue could be the cause of this problem.

1 Like

As I experienced, the pluggs configured before the Homey firmware update continued working after the update. Re-configuring the plug after update rendered it useless for energy reporting. No firmware update of my plugs had been done so I find it strange that this should not be caused by the Homey firmware update

2 Likes

I agree, and I have the exact same experience as you. I suppose that an Aqara hub is necessary for updating Aqara firmware on their devices. I donā€™t have such a hub, but Iā€™ve seen a previously working Aqara plug become just an ON/OFF switch after moving it from one floor to another, and renaming it.
Configuring new plugs ends with the same disappointing result (no power metering).

I confirm - but I was the one even updating firmware but it was working fine until some specific Homey update - this is what I told also to Homey support to kind of exclude their thoughts on the OTA firmware update. I even bought recently new one and - no data about power consumption.

ā€¦and even without reconfiguration, it stops working

In my case, plug stopped reporting data around / on 1.12. :

Analyzing the available diagnostics reports I see both issues popping upā€¦

most clearly the firmware issue with the Aqara plug (plugs with new firmwares are on the market) and also a potential cause for the lack of reporting.

3 Likes

I have bought 4 lumi.plug.maeu01 and added them to Homey Pro before 10.1.4 (on 10.1.0) and they are all still working properly and reporting the energy consumption (even on 10.2.0).
My understanding is that if I remove some of them now and add them again, it will no longer report energy consumption.

I canā€™t tell whatā€™s the firmware version as it is not listed:

UPDATE:
T1 did work after homey update and stoped working one day after.

Now its not reporting anymore

I tried something different.

I removed one of the non-measuring Aqara Smart plugs and added it to Fibaro HC3 which also supports Zigbee.
It measures perfectly. So It seems to be Homey related.

3 Likes