Any smart switch to handle smart lights?

Hello guys i’m very comfused with my situation.

I try aqara and fibaro (walli) wall swtches and i can’t handle my smart light normally (hue lights). All switches cut off the power. :disappointed_relieved: :pensive:
I dont know if i change parameters, im not very expert with homey pro yet.

Please I need your advice, I need I wall switch (in-wall or normal switches) that won’t cut off the power and support homey pro of course.

(at this time i have only Fibaro walli roller shutter and works ok because we dont need to cut off any power)

Hi @iGiorgis ,
that seems to be right, as a switch cuts off a line and the smart bulb needs power to act.
I am not sure, if you can use the smart switch as a smart button, i.e. do not connect to a consumer device. If it works, it is fine. The its not a question of the switch, but of cabling.
In any other case if you use smart bulbs, you should use smart buttons, that just give a trigger to your Homey and you have to write flows, that tell the bulb to do the equivalent action.

If the wall switch does not cut off the power, it just does not switch.
So you probably only want a sensor on the wall that detects you have pushed the button. And then you can start a flow that switches on your smart bulbs.
Or you remove the 230V wires from your current switch.

I dont want to have 2 switches , 1 for normal switch and 1 smart. Im searching a smart wall switch that keeps the power and throu the app handle the brightness

The Shelly devices (at least the WiFi ones) have a “detached” mode, which detaches the “switch” action from the “turn on/off” action.

So you can configure it to always be on, which is what your smart lights want, and then send the switch input to Homey so you can act on it.

1 Like

Impossible.

That is what @DirkH calls a smart button, like KlikAanKlikUit AWST-8802.:grin:

I do not understand, what you want. If you want to switch power on/odd by the switch and handle brightness through the App, everything is OK, as you do not need to handle brightness, when the switch says, it should be off. And when the switch is on, you can handle the brightness via App.
If you mix smart bulbs and normal bulbs with one switch, you should only cut the line for the normal bulbs, while the intelligent bulbs have always power.
And if you only have smart bulbs, do it as I proposed. replace the switch by a button or use it as a button, without switching the electric power and tell the bulb via Homey what they should do in case of the relevant incidents.

can you tell me the exact model please?

A Shelly 1 should be fine.

1 Like

sometimes maybe i have visitors and they want to switch the lights normally from the wall. So…If they press the down button they will cut off the power of the Hue light so its useless.

@robertklep The normal Shelly 1 or the 1pm or plus1?

And if I choose this I must use the existing non-smart switches?

The 1PM has power measurement, I don’t think you need that.

And yes, you must use non-smart switches. Have you checked if your existing smart switches don’t happen to have a similar mode (detaching the switch action from the relay action)? Perhaps they have and you can keep using them.

is this ? Amazon.de

Have you checked if your existing smart switches don’t happen to have a similar mode (detaching the switch action from the relay action)? Perhaps they have and you can keep using them.

what do you mean? the existing switches are normally switches (power on and off the electricity)

Yes.

You said you tried Aqara and Fibaro switches, I assumed you still have them.

You said you tried Aqara and Fibaro switches, I assumed you still have them.

I will return them back to amazon :stuck_out_tongue: I will use the normal switches

@robertklep so after detouch mode how can I handle smart light?

I must create a flow? It would me easy configuration?

Thanks a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

WHEN switch is toggled THEN switch lights on/off

Have you lookedinto Inovelli? They make switched that not only have a “Smart bulb” feature but it also can let you have single/double/hold presses for the 3 buttons on the switch! It’s the white series and it was just released so they are catching up with orders. I have one and it is perfect for my LIFX ceilling light and I can start scenes for the other lights in the room.

Inovelli is working to make a Homey app so it can support all of the functions becuase. Right now it can only be shown as a normal on/off switch, which is still ok for just controlling one fixture.