Alarm when door/window sensor is opened

Hi All,

I could use some help setting up an alarm when Aqara door/window opens when nobody is at home. The problem is that I can only select if sensor is ‘On’ (open) or ‘Off’ (closed), but not if it changes from off to on.

So as example how the flow should work;

1. Last person leaves home
  2. sensor changes from closed to open
  3. send push notification with alarm

Does anybody have this set-up already or can advise how to set it up? Thanks in advance!

Turn it around:

When door is opened
And nobody is at home
Send push Alarm…

But you should look at Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Thanks for helping Dijker. The problem is that I can’t select if it is opened. I can only select open or closed. So; If nobody is home and window is open or closed, I will get a message every time. I only want a message wen it changes from closed to open (or visa versa).

I got scared a bit by the Heimdall app as it is 3rd party made and the Homey warning message that Heimdall will get full access to my Homey pro.

You show a And card…
My first line is When … not AND!

I don’t have a Matter contact sensor but as you can see on the Appstore every Contact Sensor has an When … “The contact alarm turns on” (aka something like the door/window is Opened.)

Darn! You’re right!!! I started with presene as when, that’s why I could not get it right!

Thanks a lot!

Does this actually work: three different triggers in the same flow? In my experience a flow can only have one trigger (and if necessary supplemented with additional criteria via AND cards).

No need to be scared, the app needs full access because it needs to be able to read all (motion and contact) sensors regardless of the brand, the app is open source and all apps published to the app store are checked by Athom and I can imagine they check apps that need API access even more thoroughly.

Heimdalls source code: GitHub - daneedk/com.uc.heimdall: Heimdall for Homey

2 Likes

Above works, three triggers this way is an ANY (implicit) only the Explicit ALL with multiple triggers doesn’t work!

2 Likes

Ah thanks @Dijker. Did not know that. I tried it before with multiple triggers before an AND join and that did - as you also indicate - not work. So I assumed it was not possible at all. I did not realize that it does work for an ANY join.