Ajax systems integration to complement home security

Maybe Jablotron but it is less easy then Ajax to implement and UX wise.

I fully agree with you by the way, ridiculous to have to put 2 sensors on a door.

1 Like

This is what I found. I dont think there is an app or API for Jablotron.

Minut Smart Home Alarm App for Homey | Homey

Vote for this request please https://ajax.systems/features/page/10/#feature-2424

Done. But to be fair, I don’t believe Ajax ever does anything with this list. Zwave integration has been high on the list since 2019.

Yeah, that list is bs.

As it does not look like Ajax is ever going to make it possible to connect to other systems, I implemented the solution @Martijn_C has worked out so nicely. I only need armed/unarmed (regardless of night or not) and alarm (any kind), so I could do with just 2 Ajax relays and 1 Fibaro smart implant.
It works very nice, thanks Martijn for the nice description!
The result (have to make the connections better but lacked the materials).

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

How cool is this! For months i am looking for a solution like this to control my ajax alarm system trough homey.

I hope you are willing to help me to set up the same. I never worked with a board like this.

Thank you @Kattlukt :v:

1 Like

Did you guys discovered the Ajax Swagger documentation already?
https://api.ajax.systems/swagger-ui/#/
Seems very usefull for me.

2 Likes

But …

This suggests you won’t be able to use it … to begin with, how to get logged in?

You could program Homey as a meldkamer.

That’s the SIA protocol
Robshop has a Hub that does it that way.

There is a Home Assistant app, integrating the Ajax system via the SIA protocol. It does not let you read out / trigger on the sensor values though, only arm/disarm and whether or not the alarm is activated.
I guess the SIA protocol would be the only way for a good integration but I think it will be quite some work (if you also want sensor status and triggers, which for me would be the only good reason to have an integration).

2 Likes

I like to do the same. I’ve never done this before. Can you explain it to me step by step?

could you link this?

Hi everyone,
Great news!
I just got my API access approved and I’m looking forward to look into the AJAX integration.
Though, I might need some help from another developer to get me up to speed.
Anyone interested in supporting me with this?

6 Likes

Coool, I’m not a developer so can’t really help you, but having this kind of integration is already a long time a request for much of people on Homey!

gl!
stijn

@robertklep how about you? :grinning:
Would be nice to create a proof of concept to see whether the integration will be useful

I don’t have an AJAX system :man_shrugging:t3:

Ah, since you replied on the thread I figured you might…
Let me know if you would be interested though. As a reseller/installer, I’m able to provide decent discounts on AJAX systems.

Sorry, not interested :sweat_smile: