Ajax systems integration to complement home security

The second tab on the bottom of the screen. The one with the meter symbol. There you can see if the Smart Implant changes status after the relay changes status. Switch the relay and see what happens there.

You don’t have to comment on the article on that website. It’s me who wrote it. :slight_smile:

It always stays like this :

Oups sorry :wink:

No problem. Turn the relay on and off several times and restart the Fibaro app on your Homey once or twice. If the relay works the Smart Implant should react.

One extra tip; change group 1 to “1” and back to “1.1” a few times.

1 Like

I’ve turned the relay on and off several times and restart the Fibaro app on my Homey several times. No reaction, same screen for the Fibaro’s app :frowning:

… but I’ve changed group 1 to “1” and back to “1.1” a few times, and now it WORKS ! Thanks a lot Martin :ok_hand: :wink:

Good to hear! :slight_smile:

The whole process in French :blush:

shelly i3 might also be an option

@Martijn_C have u had any update on this? It’s almost 2 years after they told you they were working on it. :sweat_smile:

@Jo_San, would it be possible with a 2nd ajax & innr plug to detect if the alarm is being triggered?

Haha, yeah… I know. No, no update. Seems like they are focussing more on expanding the range with new series. Unfortunately.

@SilentRob I had not thought of that, but I do think that that is possible. It is possible to activate an Ajax plug when alarm is triggered by using scenes, so that should be possible.

Any news on the Ajax public API?

Not that I’m aware off, sadly…

Nope… very quiet from their side.

That’s a shame. When I bought the system, they had Homekit, zwave etc high on the customer wishlist and I thought it would just be a matter of (little) time.
How much I do like the Ajax system, if I were to make this investment again I would probably choose a system that does have better integration with home automation systems.
It would be so good if the door and window sensors could be used in Homey flows.

1 Like

I’m guessing it is also a money question, they invested alot in a platform for security firms… Opening this with api’s would maybe be conflicting?

Could be, however I doubt what the conflict would be. A security firm cannot do my Homey automation. All we need is an API to read some values. I would not want to be able to influence the alarm system.

There is a possibility with the SIA protocol, the protocol that also communicates with security firms. There is a Home Assistant app for it, so there should be possibilities. The Home Assistant app only has the alarm states, not sensors. I would want to have the sensor information (open/closed).

I have it “someway” integrated, at least in “read only” mode. I like this way, since I don’t want my alarm (and neither the doors/gates) to be activated or deactivated through an automation.

I integrated the Ajax status thanks to the SIA protocol in Home Assistant and I have created a virtual device in Homey reading the status.

image image

Now I have flows to remind me to arm the system when I leave home, or disarm it when coming back home and the system is still armed…and others based on the “Armed/Disarmed/Armed Night/Armed Away” modes.
Please note that I have only the main Ajax Hub with external sensors…I don’t know what type of data is available from Ajax contact sensors in Home Assistant.

I followed this and I can control ajax with mqtt.
Working great!
https://bitbucket.org/iesus_sonesson/d1-ajax-mqtt/src/master/