Addig Homey Bridge as a extender to Home Pro 2023?

Thx, I just did.

Why is that your feeling? Is it working?

That is because I first had the Homey pro on the 2nd floor and then the switches worked. After that I placed the Home Pro on the ground floor and then it didn’t work anymore. So I decided to buy the bridge and thought that the bridge would pick up that signal and bring it to the Homey Pro.

This is being planned but has not yet been implemented. At the moment, the bridge is a normal repeater for Zigbee and Zwave. I am also waiting for the bridge to be modded, which will significantly increase the range and coverage.

@wrutjes is talking about KAKU, so RF433 and that is implemented. at least transmitting. it looks like Receiving isn’t working as expected for Wilfried.

2 Likes

Not sure, but maybe this FW update makes a little difference. Worth a shot anyways, when you want to run beta updates that is:

I’d rather wait for the next stable version. I just set up the Homey and I would think it would be a shame if it suddenly became unstable. I turned off my domoticz yesterday so there is no longer a backup…

1 Like

It’s not a bad idea to wait for the stable release :wink:
One thing I noticed, but I assume you pressed the transmit button many times already, AFTER you connected the bridge as satellite succesfully:

1 Like

Thanks Peter, yes I did.
I solved it for now with a kaku repeater that I had for the garden :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips and I’ll wait for the answer from Homey. I posted a question about this.

Kind Regards,
Wilfried

1 Like

Let us know the response from Headquarters :wink:

Here is the response: (in Dutch)
Het klopt dat op dit moment de Bridge nog niet als ontvanger gekozen kan worden. Development is hier van op de hoogte en dit is gedaan zodat je geen situaties krijgt waarbij beide de Bridge en de Pro hetzelfde signaal ontvagen en dus twee keer acties gaan uitvoeren. Er moet hier dus nog naar gekeken worden hoe dit opgelost gaat worden. Het staat dus wel op de roadmap maar we kunnen nog geen garanties geven of en wanneer en in welke vorm dit geïmplementeerd zal gaan worden.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
The roadmap is apparently marked too optimistically :woozy_face: while RF 433MHz is marked as finished
Although the complete Pro 2023 is still “early access”, so these kind of issues are ‘allowed’ I guess :grimacing:

is there any progress on this that someone knows of ?
10.0.0-rc.118 installed but no homey bridge in the zwave list yet :frowning:
running with my old homey pro as a interim solution but would like to move it to another location and do more useful work there :slight_smile:

Link to roadmap here:

It’s still Q1 for a few days

When the bridge got a factory reset, was installed as satellite, and it would not act as zwave router, I think you’d inform support

YM “Q2”.

Duh! :crazy_face: Coffee shortage here :smile:

hey it’s August. I bought the Homey Pro 2023 and 2 H Bridges as satellites. I added a satellite in my garden shed 20m away from the Pronates where I have full wifi (mesh), but the bridge can’t connect to the Homey Pro. Questions…:

1. how does the H Bridge connect to the H Pro? what protocol?
  2. What is the max distance
  3. When will it support Zigbee?

Thanks!

1. WiFi for Infrared and 433Mhz and some minor other data.
    Z-Wave for Z-Wave (it is just a router)
    Future: ZigBee for ZigBee (it is just a router)
  2. Depends on the used protocol and how good your other meshes is besides WiFi
  3. It is done when it is done, no one here knows, and maybe not even Athom as the first message was first quarter this year, which is far over.
2 Likes

Any news about this (hopefully) coming update? Or is it time to think of another workaround?

Just returned my Homey bridge (installed in satellite mode) because it did not extend 433 MHz receiving range, for example the IR-sensor AWST-6000.
To prevent Homey Pro ànd Homey bridge to trigger both a flow from a received signal, could be simply solved by allowing to indicate which antenna to use for receiving. Just like it is already implemented for sending 433 signals.