[Abandoned] deCONZ

Sorry! My mistake. I was confused.
I will try once somewhere this week to change the app on Homey.

Thanks!

1 Like

There’s one “thingy” tho.
It seems the “sensor” capability is used for measure devices.
And “homealarm” is used for PIR and contact sensors.
(But then all PIR and motion sensors shouldn’t work @ Homey ?)

So it’s a bit of trial and error probably if you change the code

Search command:
https://github.com/ZeppDK/HomeyCONZ/search?p=1&q=homealarm

1 Like

According to the Homey developer docs:

In my interpretation, “sensors” are sensing devices. Contact and motion sensors can be used for home alarm systems, but they can be used for other purposes as well.

Hello all,

I tried to install deCONZ from the CLi. I managed to login into Homey via the command prompt.
When I entered the command homey app install (from the folder where the deCONZ app is located on my drive) it starts running and at the end I have an error message saying:

Command failed: npm ls --parseable --all --only=prod
npm WARN config only Use --omit=dev to omit dev dependencies from the install.
npm ERR! code ELSPROBLEMS
npm ERR! invalid: ws@7.4.5 C:\Temp\homey\HomeyCONZ-master\de.dresden-elektronik.deconz\node_modules\ws

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\dthiemann\AppData\Local\npm-cache_logs\2022-04-19T11_22_18_639Z-debug-0.log

This error may be fixed by running npm install in your app.

I tried to do this to see if I can change the Aqara magnetcontact to sensor instead of homealarm.

Do I need to remove the existing app on my Homey or do I need to turn off the deCONZ app in Homey?
If I remove the app, will all my devices dissapear en my flows be broken?

Thanks once more!

I tried a second time to run the command which was given in the possible solution

After this I could install the deCONZ package with the adjusted drivers file. Now restarting Homey to see if it is working.

That’s not necessary. You do however have to re-pair the device(s) that were given the wrong device class.

Hi Robert!

Do you mean the option “Try to repair” in the maintenance menu from the device? That is not working for me.

What I did is removed one contact from Homey and added it once again. Via Developer Tools I can see that it is added with the correct Class. See below.

Property Value
ID 48de91dc-5761-487e-8121-4bfe8a01e99e
Name Sensor Slaapkamer Dion & Kim
Class sensor
Driver homey:app:de.dresden-elektronik.deconz — aqara-magnet

After this action also available in Apple HomeKit!
Schermafbeelding 2022-04-19 om 13.42.35

I would like to thank you all for guiding through these steps!

One other question…
Will the deCONZ project on Homey continue? Or do we need to search for other solutions? Are there other solutions?
Besides these new sensors I never had any problems with my deCONZ/Homey configuration.
Hopefully some noce developers would like to take this change in consideration and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant with “re-pairing” (“pair again”, not “repair”) :sweat_smile:

Ow… :joy: Wrong reading from my side.

Thanks @robertklep

First part of the question; nobody knows
Second part; Zigbee2MQTT to replace deConz, but there is no native app for it. You could do something with HA

It is possible to connect the Conbee 2 stick directly to Home Assistant. It is immediately recognised by HA and automatically configured.
Now register the Zigbee devices with HA and import the devices into Homey via the Homey HA app.

Nice to hear it is fixed!

1 Like

HA is not (yet) my thing. Maybe this summer when there is some more spare time to get into this.

As mentioned already, hopefully a developer will pick this up. Is @MadMonkey stopped completely developing on this project? Even for the Homey Community Store or GitHub?

yup, he doesn’t do anything anymore. Pretty unfortunate but it is his own choice. No one else has picked things up. So we’ll just see what happens.

ZeppDK has made some changes, but HomeyCONZ / deCONZ is a most recent version CLI install only atm (afaik ofcourse).
The community store has an earlier version available.

Added devices (I think. Those were added 3 months ago)

• develco-heat-detector
  • hue-motion-sensor
  • hue-outside-motion-sensor
  • lcdtemphumidsensor
  • mijia-temphum

Yes, but that’s not what I mean by picking things up. The app hasn’t been transferred, it’s CLI, not really easy tbh.

Agreed

1 Like

I have a small problem with the App.
I changed my network to a different range.
And changed the IP in the settings and it looks to work.
But after a few hours the IP is back to the original.
Changed it again and after a few hours again!
I’m saving it normally so what can I do, is there another place where a setting is?

It’s best practice to reserve the IP address on the router (or the dhcp server) with the MAC address of your device.
What router or dhcp server are you running?

I don’t think this is relevant here.

Is suggest to remove it altogether and just readd all devices. It is not very often you change ip of the server.