[Abandoned] deCONZ

Or just see how it works at first. I didn’t do a Zigbee reset and it has always worked great after v5 (and beyond)… :slight_smile:

I guess there’s a reason why some (many) people decided to go this way: Conbee - Deconz App in Homey. Could it be that zigbee integration in conbee is light years away from Homey? I have over 80 zigbee devices running smoothly on Conbee for over 1 year now. I still use Homey for flows, but that’s gonna change now after the developer decided to pull the plug on this app. As for Homey’s own zigbee, I don’t know. I gave up on it after V5. Did they fix groups in Homey? People were asking for it as long as i remember. Not talking about other apps that are only half baked. You’d have to torture me in order for me to go back to Homey’s own zigbee.
Now this is my personal opinion, based on over 2 years with Homey. So take it with a grain of salt. Home Assistant, here I come!

2 Likes

Homey never supported Zigbee groups (and still doesn’t).

I knew that :smiley:

I will also no longer use Homey’s Zigbee in the future and will move this part to the Home Assistant. Homey will never be able to keep up with deCONZ.

Phillipe should keep working on his app and publish it in the Community Store. This is how he could annoy Enschede the most.:+1::+1:

1 Like

I don’t hope the whole city of Enschede? :wink:

1 Like

You are of course excluded! :beers::beers:

1 Like

Not been here for a while because my zigbee was stable using conbee / deconz connected to Homey… so conclusion is that we are on a dead end again with zigbee and homey… realy dissapointing… to make the jump to homeassistant and leave my flows will be horrible…

1 Like

Same for me: really disappointing news while I’m very happy with the Homey - deCONZ connection.

I assume this also implies that after an intended or unintended Homey restore the app can’t be - automatically - re-installed anymore since it has been removed from the app store… :roll_eyes:

and a CLI install is that still an option?

Here’s a weird behaviour that I noticed just now. I added 2 Hue bulbs and 2 Innr plugs to Conbee. When I try to add them to Homey Deconz I get 30000 ms timeout for bulbs and for plugs it tells me that no new plugs has been found. I’m on 1.29.2. I restarted Homey and Deconz app and now I get that This app has unexpectedly stoped and the driver can’t be loaded. What gives? Anybody else encountered this? I guess I have to rush building all the automations in Home Assistant.

I haven’t had any problems so far, but as a precaution I switched off all Homey updates to gain time for the move. Try a PTP.

For everyone interested: Version v.1.8.0 is available for download in the Community App Store.

@MadMonkey
If you keep providing us with updates in the Community Store, you will get a big kiss from me. :heart::heart::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::pray::pray:

4 Likes

@Undertaker
Perhaps the DeConz users should give @MadMonkey a very large glass of beer :joy:

1 Like

IllustriousZigzagKatydid-size_restricted

1 Like

:+1::wink:

1 Like

I have a fork of version 1.27.2 maybe good to upload that?

1.29.2 here: GitHub - gajdur/HomeyCONZ-1: deCONZ app for Athom Homey smart home controller

1 Like

It is still 1.27.2
Not 1.29.2

Ups…

Maybe we can track what has changed between these two versions, from what I know at least two changes.

1. Position information for Aqara Vibration unit (Orientation X / Y and Z). Doesn’t seem to work though.
  2. Stop action for blinds in the flow cards (@owuerker mentioned this)

Other than that, I don’t know