[Abandoned] deCONZ

Well i guess if athom totaly is removing the Deconz app, also from a Homey. There will be a lot of Homey’s homeless :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think this is up to me. @MadMonkey should allow this. I am obviously more than willing to add this to the community store, but again, it’s not up to me.

It is probably my English which isn’t as good as I’d like it to be, but what ideas are you referring to? I agree with judging on idea and having to do something. But to start calling names and stuff, or threaten to disappear from the forum isn’t helping. This is the 2nd / 3th time this has happened. It is very unfortunate for all users. But neither Homey or Madmonkey is stepping up. We cannot help this as mere users. Hopefully someday it’ll be sorted, if not… this is it.

We don’t know that. As far as I can tell, this is Madmonkeys choice because he and Athom are in constant disagreement.

1 Like

What’s the lastest version that can be found on the web? I’ve installed the v1.8.0 a couple of weeks ago from the comunity store and it’s running fine but lacks some sensors that are present on the screenshot on the github like the SONOFF snzb-03

1.29.2 is the latest

Is there a link for this version? On he github I see 1.27.2, since I’ve never tried a CLI install on my Homey I’d like to install the lastest version available :sweat_smile:

I’ve been able to find it nevermind, I’ll try to cli install and hope for the best…

Thank you!

1 Like

Well actually I’ve downloaded the GitHub version 1.29.2 and installed though the CLI method but the app says it’s version 1.27.2. I don’t know what the difference but fortunately the sensor I was missing is present even in 1.27.2

2 Likes

Had to reinstall it.

Any chance to get anywhere version 1.29.2 ?
On GitHub it is still 1.27.2

Thanks

I’ve got the one from GitHub archived so I guess 27.2 is the latest available version.

The version I’m running is 1.29.2 But this was automatically updated. I never manually installed it.

But I understand that this project is “dead”? Will it keep on working or will it stop until a new Homey version where these deprecated options that are used in this project are removed? I don’t know exactly what’s the deal is between Athom and @MadMonkey, but as I understand, that Athom does not provide a useful migration path to the new rules? But what if you don’t migrate at all? Just adjust to comply with the new rules. It’s annoying to reconnect everything but it’s better than not working at all. :cry:

Anyhow, are there other solutions to use in combination with Homey? I’ve looked into Zigbe2Mqtt, but I don’t want to handle every message by hand. Maybe I need to try the direct Homey route again. I have a lot more routers inside the network now. Have not tried Zigbee since Homey firmware 4.

Do you guys think that deCONZ for Homey will become incompatible wih Homey in the near future?
I know that there is no wa to know that for sure but I’d just like to know your opinion.

As long as Athom doesn’t deliberately sabotage it, it will go on for a long time. Unfortunately there are no more devices. But I can imagine that the deConz app will no longer work at some point after a Homey update. Then the time will come when I move all devices to Home Assistant and switch Homey off.

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation but since (for now) deCONZ is reachable from both platforms I still use homey for some flow that will take a lot of time to replicate on HA (since I’m not very skilled yet) and most important I’m still using homey for Google assistant support since some devices give me an error when receiving the answer from the assistant even if the action works

Can somebody extract the version 1.29.2 from his homey ? And share it ?
I don’t know if Is this possible but I´m still searching the last test version.
I asked Philippe but he hasn´t respond yet
Thanks

Why do you need it? Just out of curiosity.

No not possible, at least not by users/developers. And Athom probably isn’t going to do it.

It has the stop action for blinds in the flow cards.
(introduced in 1.29, fixed in 1.29.2)

When you do, make sure to reset zigbee, if you haven’t yet after installing v5.x firmware.
This because of the zigbee rewrite from that version on.

1 Like