[APP][Pro] Mitsubishi WF-RAC - Cooling, heating and ventilation

App Store Page: Mitsubishi (WF-RAC) App for Homey | Homey

Description

Now control your Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner from anywhere with Homey.

Check the temperature in your room(s) while on the move. If necessary, turn on your air conditioner before you get home. You don’t remember if you turned off the air conditioner? Then switch off your air conditioner via Homey.

For the correct operation of this Homey App, it is necessary that your air conditioner is equipped with a WF-RAC WiFi adapter which is already configured via the Smart-M-Air app.

This Homey App is NOT SUITABLE for models equipped with the newer INWFIMHI001I000 WiFi adapter which is configured via the AC-Cloud app.

Instructions

Add the device as you would add any device to Homey. A polling frequency of 1 minute is used to update the current status of the device in Homey.

Limitations

Remote control
When using the external remote to control the device, all settings will be send to the device and will overwrite the current settings. For instance, when you power off the device with the remote control and the air flow is set to “high” in Homey, and “low” on the remote, it will also send the “low” mode to the device. This will trigger capability changes.

Rate limit
There is a 1 second delay after every message that is sent to the device. When sending more messages than the device can handle, it will start trippin’ unfortunately. That’s why the commands send to the device are merged and are being send every 0.5 seconds to make sure your flows are less likely to DDoS the device.

Temperature sensor
The temperature sensor of the device will probably indicate a higher temperature than it actually is. There is nothing I can do about it. You could contact your dealer and ask why this is (and let me know when you do). It has nothing to do with this app.

Donations

I enjoy creating apps for Homey and try to support them as best as I can. If you enjoy using my apps a donation in return for the time I put into this is much appreciated.

FAQ

My device is unavailable, what should I do?

• Make sure the device gets a static IP address from the router.
  • Did you add any extra mobile phones for access on the Mitsubishi Smart M-Air app?
    The Mitsubishi device can only handle 4 accounts max.
  • Something changed about the WiFi? Access point moved for example?
    The inner Mitsubishi units have a very poor antenna.
4 Likes

– Reserved –

I think many people (including myself) will be very happy with this app :clap: :clap:

Because there wasnt an app for the MHI, i didnt buy the adapter.
i looked on the internet for WF-RAC adapters, but the one you said which isnt suitable is also called WF-RAC many times on the internet. Maybe you can be a more specific which model you need to have/buy which work with this app.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Robin,

All I know is, that the guys who installed them at my place used this one:

Hope this helps. :wink:

– Edwin

1 Like

Thanks you :+1: didn’t know they were that expensive :rofl:

I use my airco now with a switchbot mini Through IR, this works but I receive no feedback.
does this app give feedback and full operation?

Hi Edwin,

Is the app also suitible for the module : MH-AC-WIFI-1

I use the app AC-Cloud.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Floris,

I’m afraid that module isn’t supported. I used the Smart-M-Air app to setup the devices.

But to be honest, I’m not sure what the difference is. You could give it a go and let me know if it works.

First of all thank you for your great job to create this app. I love it. I have a general Mitsubishi Airco question. When I use the remote to switch on the Airco and I want to use your app to switch it Off when I leave the house this does not work because the Airco does not accept another connection on this moment. When I use your app to switch it on and switch it off when I leave the house it works fine. How can I force the Airco to communicate with your app instead of the remote control.

Is there also another way to send you a donation I do not have pay-pal account

With best regards

Erik

@Erik_H did you buy recently the WF-RAC module or do you have it for a while? Does the problem occur since you have been using this app?

I just tested it on my airco module (which I bought when this app was released :clap:) and I can control It from both sides, so when I put it on with the remote a second later I see this in the app. ofcourse when you set it off with the app the remote doesn’t get off because its only send out IR and no signal returns

Hi Erik,

Do you by any chance mean the “Smart-M-Air” instead of the “remote” here?

I will send you a PM with more information about a donation, which I greatly appreciate! :pray:

– Edwin

No I Mean the remote controller from the airco. if i switch the airco on by IR remote. I can not switch it off using your app.

Erik hoving

I tested a little more today. If I wait a little longer it works. I will test some more but for now I have no issues.
Erik

1 Like

Great app! I was hoping there was support for my Mitsubishi A/C. The problem with the (horrible) Smart M-Air app is that I cannot login (username and password not correct, but I quadruple checked) from any Apple device (Android works fine, but I don’t use that). So I need to use this app to control it.

Some questions and things…

1. So the interface is always coloured? Blue when the temperature is above my setting and orange if it is under? It’s a bit distracting, because the color also shows when the device is OFF.

2. When the A/C is set to heating, and the measured temperature is higher than the set temperature, the screen turns blue as if it was cooling, … but the mode is still heat. How does this work?

3. Nothing to do with the app, but my A/C measures a room temperature of 23.2 ° while other sensors measure 17.2 ° (floor level) and 18.3 ° (face level). Is there any trick to easily adjust this? It’s a bit annoying then 20 ° is the temperature setting in the whole house the A/C thinks it needs to cool down…

4. I notice a slight delay in the communication of the devices. Could that be the app? I saw something of the WF-RAC along the way, but my router is now showing two Broadlink RM Mini 3 (which I do not have, as far as I know). The A/C’s are also pushed through HomeKit with HomeKitty from @robertklep, but that doesn’t work.

Great app! I was hoping there was support for my Mitsubishi A/C. The problem with the (horrible) Smart M-Air app is that I cannot login (username and password not correct, but I quadruple checked) from any Apple device (Android works fine, but I don’t use that). So I need to use this app to control it.

Some questions and things…

1. So the interface is always coloured? Blue when the temperature is above my setting and orange if it is under? It’s a bit distracting, because the color also shows when the device is OFF.

2. When the A/C is set to heating, and the measured temperature is higher than the set temperature, the screen turns blue as if it was cooling, … but the mode is still heat. How does this work?

3. Nothing to do with the app, but my A/C measures a room temperature of 23.2 ° while other sensors measure 17.2 ° (floor level) and 18.3 ° (face level). Is there any trick to easily adjust this? It’s a bit annoying then 20 ° is the temperature setting in the whole house the A/C thinks it needs to cool down…

4. I notice a slight delay in the communication of the devices. Could that be the app? I saw something of the WF-RAC along the way, but my router is now showing two Broadlink RM Mini 3 (which I do not have, as far as I know). The A/C’s are also pushed through HomeKit with HomeKitty from @robertklep, but that doesn’t work.

Sounds like local networking issues.

It’s not that. Everything, both WiFi and HomeKit is working fine.

Other than two Broadlink RM Mini’s showing in your router, which seems abnormal.

Yeah, it uses the default thermostat UI component that is provided by Athom. An airco works in a slightly different way as a normal thermostat (they can’t cool), but I cannot control the colours unfortunately.

I have the same issue. I guess the temperature sensor on the devices just aren’t as good…

There is a 1 second delay beween every message that is sent to the device, else the device will start trippin’.

– Edwin

That may be abnormal. But probably unrelated to ‘network issues’ as the cause for everything.

Thanks for the reply.

Too bad. Athoms interface (components) aren’t always logical.

Hmm. The device is hot from itself :joy: I should look into logic / math corrections then?! Or how are you fixing this??

Check. A second seems long these days where everything seems instant.