[APP][Pro] go-e Charger

Smart EV Charging from go-e

Adds support for the go-e Home+ and Gemini family of EV chargers for the Homey Pro.

Rewritten app for go-e EV Chargers supporting Homey SDK3 and go-e API v1 for older devices and API v2 for 3rd and 4th generation devices. Adds supports for multiple devices and introduces some new features only available in API v2, such as Force Single Phase mode.

Useful links

Setup

• 1st and 2nd generation devices must have fixed IP address and are paired manually.
  • 3rd and 4th generation devices are automatically detected with mDNS-DS in the same LAN.
  • API V1 must be enabled on the 1st and 2nd generation devices.
  • API V2 must be enabled on the 3rd and 4th generation devices with firmware 051.4 or above installed.

Supported devices

go-e Charger Home+

• 1st generation devices with serial numbers starting with CC1- (API V1)
  • 2nd generation devices with serial numbers starting with CM-02- (API V1)
  • 3rd generation devices with serial numbers starting with CM-03- (API V2)

go-e Charger Gemini

• 4th generation devices with serial numbers starting with GM-10- (API V2)

Supported flow cards

When

• Status changed
  • Car connection changed
  • Charging allowed changed
  • Charging changed
  • Single Phase Charging changed (APIv2)
  • Supply Power becomes greater/less than number W
  • Supply Current becomes greater/less than number A
  • Supply Voltage becomes greater/less than number V
  • Energy Last Session becomes greater/less than number kWh
  • Total Energy becomes greater/less than number kWh
  • Temperature becomes greater/less than number C
  • Port Temperature becomes greater/less than number C (APIv2)

And

• A car is/isn’t plugged in.
  • Charging is/isn't allowed.
  • Charging is/isn't ongoing.

Then

• Set allow charging to Yes/No
  • Change current limit to amperage A
  • Set single phase charging to Yes/No (APIv2)

Example flows

Special thanks

2 Likes

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

How to check, if my device is automatically discoverable.

You can use Bonjour Browser on Windows or Discovery on macOS.
There are detailed instructions here: go-eCharger bonjour discovery with mDNS-DS · oh2th/com.go-e.charger · Discussion #7 · GitHub

Will this app support for Fronius Wattpilot chargers?

No. Even though the devices look the same, the Wattpilot has custom firmware and does not support the go-e Charger APIs. See also discussion below.

TODO - Features Requested

If you would like to request a feature to this app, please open a feature request at Github.

Translation help needed

If anyone is available to help with translations, I would greatly appreciate it. Most have been auto translated with VS Code suggestions, but I suspect that there is plenty to fix.

See instructions at com.go-e.charger/.translation at main · oh2th/com.go-e.charger · GitHub.

Known issues

Past issues

Current issues

Dear Tapio, thank you very much for this great app, I just installed it (in parallel with the old one for the moment, I hope it won’t be a problem…), my CM-03 version of the charger installed perfectly immediately :smiley:

I would like to make a few comments, maybe this will help to improve some details:

1. In the Homey app (iOS), when you click on SINGLE PHASE CHARGING, there is an error banner at the top in red that says Missing Capability Listener: is_single_phase.

2. I have the impression that the app currently considers single-phase charging as the exception, even though it is an important charging method as electric vehicles that charge from 1’400 W (i.e. one phase/6A). For a dynamic charge management as I described here, the " single phase " part is also very important, too. However, I have the impression that the THEN card Set single phase charging to Yes/no is a bit confusing, you have to understand that by setting no, you activate the 3 phase charging, which is not very intuitive. Wouldn’t it be better to put two THEN cards, either one Set charging phase number to 1 and one Set charging phase number to 3, or just one Set charging phase number to X card with a choice between 1 or 3? This is just a suggestion.

3. Is the WHEN “Charging ended” or “Charging started” card be missing? Or is there another way to simulate it?

4. Would it be possible, in the THEN Change current limit to X card, to also choose intermediate values (without using a variable…) like 7A or 9A for example?

5. There are actually 2 versions of the go-eCharger HOME (the HOME+ and the HOMEfix, only the end of the cable changes, once with CCS plug and once without, but people may not know that this is the only difference). However, the description of the app always talks only about the HOME+. I would either remove the “+”, or I would put “HOME+ & HOMEfix” everywhere. For the Gemini, it’s less of a problem because it exists without any precision, or else in a “flex” version with the CCE plug.

Thank you for the feedback. I will look into these.

I will need to check that. It should work to to force single phase charging, but something must have gone side ways. It does work from a flow card. Fix in test: 2.4.2

As for the yes/no setting - it that way since the setting is a boolean. And I I would like to keep it that way as it keeps then all boolean settings in the same logic. However maybe change the wording from
Single Phase Charging to something. Go-e has named it also as “Force Single Phase”.

I could label the Then card as “Enforce 1-Phase charging”. The other option is to use a picker, similar to what and the status view has, but then it gets a bit hidden in the Homey mobile app, as it would be in the same view screen as the status.
Lets put this on hold for now.

When… Charging changed → And… Is charging → Then…

Then card support setting any number value with a slider.

This is true, could update the description in the store, but for functionality they are indeed almost the same. The fixed installation devices allow 22kW charging and plugables are limited to 11kW.

Great, thank you very much for your quick answers, everything seems perfectly clear to me!

Except for the intermediate values, I just can’t select the intermediate values (e.g. 7A), it always jumps by two, I don’t know if it’s because of my screen resolution or not, but I’ll try again…

Double checked that and it should allow to do 6A-32A in 1A steps:

"min": 6,
  "max": 32,
  "step": 1,

And for 16A devices it will try to set 32A even though they do not support it. It is something I still need to solve how to change the cards max value dynamically based on the actual hardware.

1 Like

New update (test: 2.4.2)

Lets monitor for other things that might turn up before I publish to live version.

About translations, see previous post.

I’ll do the french translation…if I figure how to do it :+1:

1 Like

Great!

Easiest is:

1 Like

Actually I have plug version of 22kW. The plug is then 32A CEE plug.

1 Like

New update (test: 2.4.3 )

The French translations have been done, please let me know if anything has been forgotten :+1:

I’m not seeing the changes, did you commit them and make a pull request? I see you do have a fork from the source.

New update (live: 2.4.7)

New update (live: 2.4.7, test: 2.4.8)

Changes in test

German translations still need check up help: see previous post about translations.

Basen on your idea, I could duplicate this capability so that there are indeed both:

• Single phase charging (is_single_phase)
  • Three phase charging (is_three_phase) this would be new

Capture

On the UI there would be two buttons:

• 1-phase
  • 3-phase
    Pressing one would toggle the other. Additional flow cards would be available for 3-phase, similar to 1-phase. An action on one would toggle the other.

What do you think? This might make it easier?

There wouldn’t be an impact to the current single phase capability and flow cards.

Currently have this in my development, will test a bit still before pushing to test.

Dear Tapio, my idea was just an idea and you are free to design your app as you wish. However, personally, I would find it much more logical to have the possibility to select the load on 3 phases, and this expressly as you propose. I vote for your proposed solution :slight_smile:

Just make sure there is no conflict in the THEN cards, for example if someone is using simultaneously both THEN cards Set single phase charging to YES and Set three phase charging to YES. I don’t know if this is technically possible, but making a card Set charging phase number to X with a choice between 1 or 3 would remove this problem.

P.S. Did you find out how to choose intermediate values (without using a variable…) like 7A or 9A for example, in the THEN cards?