[APP][Pro] go-e Charger

That is a good point. I would then deprecate the Set single phase charging to card and introduce a new one for the phase selection action. I.e. Set charging phases to [[num_phases]] where num_phases is an enum that can be 1 or 3.

Indeed, there is value slider stepping of 2, I will fix that to stepping of 1. Not really sure why it became like that.

1 Like

Simplifying Phase controlling flow cards towards:

The ā€œSingle phaseā€ cards will be deprecated and replaced with ā€œSet phasesā€ cards as shown in these flow samples:

In the UI there will be buttons as was described earlier to set Single Phase or Three phase.

1 Like

New update (live: 2.5.3)

Changes in test

• ADD: Quick action to toggle charging allowed from the tile. @Tim_Willemsen
    • UI: Allow charging as toggle button with custom icon. Works also from the tile as ā€œToggleā€.
  • BREAK: Deprecated V3/V4 devices Single Phase Charging flow cards
  • ADD: Simplified V3/V4 devices phase control flow cards ā†’ Set charging phasesā€¦ / Number of phases
  • ADD: UI Button to set Three phase charging, this toggles also Single phase charging button

German translations still need check up help: see previous post about translations.

Thatā€™s great, thanks. My wife teaches German in highschool over here, Iā€™ll see if she would do a check.

1 Like

New update (live: 2.5.4)

Changes in test

• ADD: Current Limiting is now checked for the device maximum (16A or 32A).
1 Like

New update (live: 2.5.5)

Changes in test

• FIX: Homey Pro 2023 - Invalid capability ā€œcurrent_limitā€
1 Like

Hello
unfortunately go-e charger app for homey pro 2019 showed me today error and it is not working at all because there is some problem in temperature. After my go-e charger increases temp to more than 50 degrees the device is unavailable and shows this error: Measured temperature out of rangeerror:51is greater than 50 (out_of_range)
Go-e cahrger is still working. After the temp decreases less than 50 Ā°C it is back working in homey.
Could somebody help me please fix this?
Thanks a lot
Patrick

New update (live: 2.5.6)

Changes include

• FIX: Increase ā€œmeasure_temperatureā€ capabilities max value to 70C.

@Patronick , test version has a fix to the max value for temperature. You can install test version, or wait for Athom to approve the new version to live version.

1 Like

Thanks for a great job! Canā€™t imagine how long takes Athom to improve a new version if we speakabout hours,days, weeksā€¦ so I will seeā€¦ than youso much and have a great day!

Hi,
ist this app only compatible with go-e or also with Fronius Wattpilot charger (that seems to be identical)?

I wonder, if the API is similar, maybe.

If the Fronius mobile app is near the go-e app, then you could try:
enable API v2 from ā€œAdvanced Settingsā€ and try to go to http://IPADDRESS/api/status and PM the output to me, if anything.

If there is API v1 only, then try http://IPADDRESS/status

If that results in an error, then Fronius has their own firmware with different API and are not compatible with go-e App.

1 Like

Thanks. I get the charger next days hopefully and will try and give you a feedback.

As far as the charging station is concerned, the hardware is the same between Fronius and Go-e (Fronius simply re-brands Go-e stations), but not the software. Actually, several years ago when Fronis released this charging station, it simultaneously released the Fronius smartmeter, which communicates directly with the station and enables electric vehicles to be charged using excess power. If thatā€™s what you want to do, you might as well buy a Fronius smartmeter that communicates perfectly with the Fronius charger. Connecting your charger to Homey would be of little use because if you only want to start or stop a charge manually or with simple programming, the Fronius app will do that just fine.
The problem is that the Go-e chargers also came out several years ago, but the compatible smartmeter only came out a few weeks ago. But as Go-eā€™s policy was to open up its system completely (unlike Fronius, which does everything it can to keep its ecosystem closedā€¦), it became very interesting to have an app compatible with the Go-e charger, in order to programme charging using excess power, as Iā€™ve done here, for example.
Thatā€™s it, I think it was important to give this little background to understand the very different policies of the two companies, and why itā€™s very useful to have an app for the Go-e charger and not necessarily for the Fronius charger for those who already have a Fronius smartmeter. Once again, many thanks to Tapio Heiskanen for this excellent app.

1 Like

I have Fronius ecosystem (Gen24 inverter, BYD battery) and the charger is coming (even without having a car now, but that will be the next :-)).
I hope Fronius is doing all right automatically (surplus loading) but I would love to change settings via Homey. So I checked what could be compatible.
Iā€™ll check this out when all is installed :+1:

The wallbox returns only ā€œNothing matches the given URIā€ pn both URLs.

But reading this thread it should be really similar to go-e

Just fyi

Could try what http://<IPaddress>/wp returns?

But what I see, the Wattpilot is ondeed slightly drifferent, I.e. Would be a new device type. It might be best to implement this as itā€™s own app.

No result on this URL, too. But thanks for taking a look at it.

I also think a new apps would be best.
First I try the HA integration. With my HA community app I can get all entities easily into Homey. And perhaps if I have too much free time I can create a Homey app :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @OH2TH

I have a problem with the condition card ā€œchargingā€. I have couple of times noticed that all the sudden it doesnā€™t work. It doesnā€™t happen often but sometimes. The go-e charging device shows that the charging is active, but the condition card doesnā€™t go through. Also the status page of the go-e charger shows that the value of the car connection ā€œcarā€ is 2, which means itā€™s charging.

Diagnostic report
e04c3713-3fe6-4d4a-b71a-1b35baec99c1

v2 go-e charger
Homey version 8.1.6
Go-e app version 2.5.7

EDIT:
After I stopped the charging and started again the condition card started working.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I will have a look at this, however now Iā€™m on vacation and travelling so when I return in August.

@peltsi51 , When that happens again, please check they Homey GUI for your device from state screen what state the app thinks :

The condition card should respect the state from there.

The logic for that status is:

No car connected

• set is_connected = false
  • set is_charging = false

Car charging

• set is_connected = true
  • set is_charging = true

Waiting for auth

Car stopped charging

1 Like

It was saying ā€œChargingā€ in that screen.