Zone is not going active

Hi,

I am wondering if the producer of this app has done it wrong or if it’s missing critical trigger cards.

A developer of smart home products just updated their aqpp with a motion detector.
I bought it, but it is not making my zone go active as my Aqara or Fibaro motion detectors do.

I took a closer look to the When card and saw two things.

The one is that EVA Motion Detector (which I am struggling with) miss the card “motion deactivated”.
They have also another spelling for motion activity. They call it “motion detected”, but my other sensors call it “motion alarm activated”.

What do Homey use to see if a zone is triggered or not?
What shall I tell the developers to change so I can use this in my zones?

You can see the detector is detecting movement, but the zone is not going active as the others.

From Homey app store:

Hi,

The motion or contact capability should be alarm_* afaik.

When you search for your sensor at the developer page, you can check that:

Did you check this setting?

(a recently added option for sensors)

Indeed, judging those flow cards they aren’t using any default alarm capabilities, neither for the door/window sensor, or the water alarm for the water sensor.

The sensor is looking like this from the developer page:

It does not have the same options as my Aqara sensor.
This is which indicator to show:

This is advanced properties from my new sensor:

This is advanced properties from Aqara:

Should this be communicated to the developers so they can fix it right away?

It indeed uses a custom capability…
It should use the default alarm_motion capability instead as defined in the SDK.

1 Like

As a temporary workaround (until it is fixed)
1 create a virtual device (sensor)
2 Add this virtual device to the same zone
3 create a flow that is triggered by your sensor and sets the “alarm_motion” value of the virtual sensor
4 reset the “alarm_motion” by a timer or another flow hat is triggered by your motion sensor
Now your zone will become active by the sensor

1 Like

Which if these ‘then’ cards are yu using to set the “alarm_motion” value of the AVD?

the AVD should have a YesNo field of type alarm_motion.

Then a flow card must be available to set/unset it

1 Like

Thank you for this!

1 Like

So the zone itself seems to work, but it is staying active forever as the motion detector triggered.
Shouldn’t it deactivate as the motion detector is not detecting movement anymore?

Tried to do it this way, seem to work:

Just remove the logics card.
Yes you should set the AVD ‘alarm’ to NO via a flow. It does not reset by itself.