Zigbee stopped working/broken

Problem is it was working just fine. It started after I shut it down and moved it because my floor heating had bad reception.

Yes I’ve read that, but shit happens. I think you have done pretty much everything one can do. There is not much more you can do with it. PtP and reboot usually resolve these kind of issues, apparently it’s not working for you, even after many tries. I’d open a support case with Athom, maybe they can fix something, but since it’s so new you do have warranty.

Waiting for their reply. Just used hours setting up flows etc etc…

1 Like

There is a backup tool u can use. Not ideal but saves you probably a lot of time

Where can I find this?

Ok, so I bought a new Homey and will return my old one.

Just set up this one - and Zigbee is NOT working. I have no idea why. Is there a broken Zigbee device causing a problem in my house? Wifi interference?

Edit, never mind sorry. It works on the new Homey new.

I’m afraid Homey doesn’t quite get the meaning of Stoptober. My Homey also stopped on Zigbee, right after it came back from a repair.PTP, reboot, waiting: nothing did help. Now waiting on a further reply from helpdesk.

Hello

any update on this topic? All my Zigbee devices are broken and the registration process on the support website is broken.

creepy

Helpdesk had a look at diagnostics, probably a problem with the Zigbee chip. Homey has to return to Houston (or whatever place of birth) to have a proper examination.

Thanks for your reply … but what does it mean? :thinking:

Broken Zibee chip? Homey will be sent in for repair.

Did you send it in? And get it back with Zigbee working?

Helpdesk is extremely busy, not yet sent in.

I have the same problem here. Started after a reboot I had to do every week. As Kaku devices stop working now ant then. Now a lot stopped working… Wife not happy

After problems with zigbee lamp (despite booster right next to it) my whole Zigbee functionality went down.

Numerous PTP and reboot attempts. Resetting the Zigbee network does not work (error code EBADF).

After consultations with Athom support (speedy and pleasant) the advice is that the Zigbee chip has failed. Just 6 months out of warranty :unamused:

And apparently a repair would be uneconomic so I am advised to buy a replacement Homey.

I would rather not do this if there are alternatives. These seem to be

a) a do-it-yourself replacement of the Zigbee chip - but I can see no evidence of this being done
b) marrying the Homey with a Zigbee hub (Hue/Tradfri etc) - but this will complicate flows. What is the experience of others?
c) replacing all the zigbee devices with WiFi or Z-wave versions - nearly as expensive as a new entry level Homey.

Any advice welcome.

Because of the poor Zigbee implementation of Homey, some users are moving to a third-party solution like deCONZ to handle all Zigbee-related tasks. It supports more types of devices, has a good range and its relatively cheap (a deCONZ Conbee II with a Raspberry Pi 3 will set you back around €80).

I’m not sure how well it integrates with Homey at the moment, as it’s a rather new project (but also actively being developed). You’d still need to re-pair all your Zigbee devices and fix your flows, but that would be a one-time affair.

having some issues here with Zigbee as well. Having a Homey Pro for not even 4 months. Issues started with one Hue bulb and then a day later also with an IKEA bulb.

did a restart of Homey and the apps concerning but that made it worse because i didn’t see the zigbee nodes anymore.

Did a PTP for 10 minutes and now the Zigbee devices are back but still not working except for one zigbee Aqara device. Very strange issue since three devices are not working anymore and only one is.

I will remove one and pair it again and if that fails get some support from Athome.

Are you sure the devices aren’t out of range? After a reboot it may take some time for devices to show up on the Zigbee page of the developer website.

re-adding a motion sensor is working after a few tries so i’m starting to think about wifi channel usage.

Too bad that channel 11 cannot be altered because i have a neighbor who also has a Homey. What if every neighbor would have a Homey ?

I am going to ask this question to Athome but maybe somebody else has more information about this ?