ZigBee Mesh or no Mesh

I will… promised

I got 3 signal repeater xiaomi brand and added them to homey, placed correctly in the home and start to associate child devices. What’s new is that in this case I was able to associate child device close to the plug. I made some test but I fund aqara app that indicate signal strength more useful for my needing and the mesh with homey was unstable, my home is very big. As said I mostly use HK automations so I decided to go back to aqara hub and I bought 2 more to expand all the system in my home and outside. I fund it stable and reliable, actually connected to others regions. I fund also very useful that I can get color light notification from the hub when receiving paper mail or opening the gate at home.

So the aqara wall plugs did the job but you went for the aqara hub instead because it is more usable?.. so if I buy a aqara wallplug it will extend the range of the door sensors and other xiaomi end-devices?

Good to hear thank you!

I simply chose to go to aqara hub because it works with wall plugs as extenders, it’s very cheap and I will buy 2 more to place in others place at home to use as “notifications light” ( open window or mailbox opened ). I can check signal strength of any device and yes, no problem to use wall plugs as extenders. That’s my choice

And the hubs are connected to Homey or is it a standalone ecosystem?

actually, for me, is a separate ecosystem from homey. I read something on how to integrate aqara hub into homey ( and frankly it would be the best solution ) but too much complicate for me. As said my focus it to use HomeKit and I got it.

Hello, I’m having trouble controlling the Aqara B1 Curtain Motor, particularly Devices 10 & 11 which are furthest away from Homey. I don’t see a 0 - link for devices 7 to 11. Can anyone help me understand what this means? How do you tell whether a device is linked in mesh or not?
Thanks in advance for the help.

I have problem to get signal of my last Aqara sensor is far awat for my Homey (50 meters).
I think to add an usb dongle to extend zigbee signal to 22 meters of aqara ( Tuya ZigBee-répéteur de Signal 3.0, extension USB) but you say it works only with Xiaomi Mi Mijia ZigBee Smart Sockets for you ?

Hello and sorry for my late response. No I’m not saying it only works with the Xiaomi Mi Mijia ZigBee Smart Sockets, I haven’t tested with other devices. However, according to what I see at home, it works with the Xiaomi Mi Mijia ZigBee Smart Sockets.

I had the same; I have over 80 Hue bulb in- and outside of my house. The Aqara sensor would not route over the Hue Bulb.
So I bought 4x Xiaomi Aqara Smart Plug thinking that would help. It didn’t. The Aqara sensors would not route over the Xiaomi Aqara Smart Plugs…
Then I read people had good results with the Ikea signal extender so tried that; Worked like a charm.
I ended up buying 4x extender and placed them strategically. Sensors working like a charm now at the end of the garden

Aqara sensors route over both Hue and Innr for me. But they do not switch routes easily, so make sure you pair everything in the olace you intend them to be.

You have a lot of end devices and only one router that I can see. You’ll definitely do better with more routers. If Homey is the closest device they see you will soon run out of the max 15 or so directly connected devices. You may need to pair Aqara devices again for them to use the router.