Zigbee issue (5.0.0-rc47)

Quick update from me on this.
It worked! :slight_smile: Zigbee up again.

Had to try a couple of times.
First time the search for updates lasted a blink of an eye and I never got the option of choosing “Download Full update”. I think it just said I had the latest update and presented me with a next button. So It actually just ended up doing a restart in a way, cos that didnt help.
I tried again, and this time I held the ALT button down from the page before, the connecting to the WIFI. THEN i got the option to choose “download full update” and a progress bar n all.
Install took a while, but at least its up n running.

2 Likes

Yes that works for me also, a lot of thanks!

@BSA @Pieter_Verkroost have both of you also mentioned it to Athom? That you had the issue, but more important that you followed that procedure and that the issue has been solved. It’s important for them to know the scale of the issue. Before V5 becomes official:

Athom would like to know how big the issue is, so please also send an email to support@athom.com

2 Likes

Yes I did

1 Like

Thanx for reminding me. :+1:
Sendt them the link to this thread, so they can just check in and do a count :wink:

4 Likes

Two Weeks ago i had the same problem. Did a recovery and everything worked fine (recovery set firmware to RC46 than i could update to rc47)

Yesterday i had a other problem. All my zigbee devies didn’t respond any more. Zigbee was started and in the developer app all devices ware present with a route, but no respons.

Had to do a recovery again. Now it works fine.

So there are big zigbee isues after firmware RC 43

My problem this week. The solution above from harmenkuijer en BSA worked but my resetting the zigbee network before made me loose the entire zigbee-environment. Now it al works again.

Also had this problem. Followed the above instructions which resolved the issue.

One note though, when holding ALT down, don’t release until you have clicked “full install” otherwise you will miss the opportunity. At least that was the case for me, which made me have to repeat the recovery process one more time after I figured out when to hold the ALT-key down. Fourth attempt did the trick.

1 Like

Same here, after the restore of a backup the Zigbee network failed, same state as op. Full reinstall of same version solved the problem.

–edit: I’ve updated my support ticket with a link to this topic and the fact that this solved the problem. +1!

I’m on RC47 but without Zigbee problems, RC48 is out, did someone install this one already?

I first was but after a several days I hhave to reinstall and had to do a complete Zigbee reset. Now its working fine. Did not yet installed the new 48 release.

Lots of users seem to have Zigbee problems since RC43, only fix since then:
+
[Flow] Fixes an issue where Tags would not appear in a shared Flow
+

I don’t understand Athom, it keeps ignoring major problems, yes it is a experimental versions, but still it is a major function of Homey.

I have issues with devices just not responding sometimes, it is already an issue for almost 5 years but it is much more prevelend since RC43.
Did a full Zigbee reset(hours of work), did not solve anything, so after almost 5 year i am going to move to Home Assistant, the Conbee zigbee stick seems to be much more stable.

If Athom did not succeeded to make Zigbee stable in 5 years it is probably never going to happen.

1 Like

Who says that’s the only fix they did since 43? I believe they are working on the known zigbee issues. And it’s part of being experimental, issues can occur and should be reported properly to the right channel and athom won’t ignore the people who report. Not sure if you did some report to Athom, I do hope so, cause complaining here without notifying Athom first is not the way.

I’m still on 4.2 and I have no major zigbee issues. No intention yet to go to the experimental version. Just saying there are happy people with Homey connected to lots of different Zigbee devices (Philips, Aqara, Plugwise, Ledvance, Innr)

In my case it’s already stable, use homey now for almost 1 year

2 Likes

I’m on experimental Homey v5.0.0-rc.48 and have no zigbee majors at all. Since I switched to the experimental versions my zigbee network is more stable. I have connected Philips, Aqara, Innr and Ikea and all works fine.

3 Likes

Today my homeys zigbee died two times. Followed this steps and it worked again for a few hours but now it happened again, what’s going on? Running rc.50

@Tb please send a diagnostics report to Athom and contact Athom support; they’ll be able to support you further (and in previous cases are able to resolve the problem).

They need to get additional diagnostics logs to get to the root cause of this issue.

1 Like

@harmenkuijer I would recommend to remove the steps mentioned, even though they might have resolved the problem for you. This to ensure that Athom support gets all additional diagnostics loggings to resolve this problem.

1 Like

Okey, i have now contacted athom. It suck that this happening now, i don’t know when they are able to fix this. Nothing is working at home now :pensive:

I guess that’s why it’s called an experimental firmware. As in: things may break at any time :woozy_face:

2 Likes

It is experimental, and that sometimes coms with a price. Maybe you have to change your settings so you dont update to the newest versions.