Ynoa Zigbee metered smart plug - not completely working with Homey

I have found a cheap metered smart plug from Ynoa (on Zigbee 3.0). Its the LA-PLUG-10Amp.
I just assumed that it would work with Homey, as I expected it to be one of the numerous Tuya devices out there.

I can indeed add the device as a Tuya metered smart plug. Homey then says its added as a generic device. And it does work, Homey is able to switch on/off the plug. Although metering is not available.
I also tried adding it as some other devices but not successfully.

Anyone has an idea with what device this Ynoa is similar with? Will I get this thing to work or should I return these for another brand of metered smart plug?

Hey Bart,
Did you install the Tuya zigbee app?

Here you can find all you need

Thatā€™s not really how Homey works. Unless it has specific support for the device (it doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s branded ā€œTuyaā€ or not, the device itself has to be specifically supported), all you get is generic Zigbee support, which only supports on/off and (for lights) dimming and color.

(the way Homey implements device support also means that devices that have the same brand and model as a supported device, or look exactly the same as one, are not necessarily supported, if they have a different internal identifier)

1 Like

Thanks Peter, for replying. Yes I used the this Tuya app. When adding this device as metered smart plug, it starts adding it, but then says ā€˜added as a generic zigbee deviceā€™. The result is that I can switch on and off but I canā€™t see the metering values.

I guess Iā€™ll better return this one and buy a supported type.

Hi Bart, you can also ask for devices to be added in this forum: [APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App - #2145 by Daniel_Sommer.