Yale Doorman L3 and Homey support?

Yes, i just realized i have to install the Homey Community store app. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Adrian_Rockall i have it working now on my Homey. I was wondering If it would be possible to add a locked/unlocked status indicator? That would be very usefull :slight_smile:

Thanks for the app!

Hmm, I’m surprised it doesn’t already have that!

If the app detects the “lock” property in the data from SmartThings then it should add the “locked” capability and set the class to “lock”. That combination should produce the lock status indicator.

Could you open a web browser and navigate to Homey Developer Tools.
Then find the lock in the list and check the Class is ‘lock’.

It seems to be added as a sensor

OK, that explains the lack of the lock status indicator.
I wonder if there is another property that comes later in the list that overrides the class.
Could you go through the add device procedure, up as far as seeing a list of devices (ne need to actually add a device). This will log the data returned by the devices.
To view the log go to More > Apps > SmartThings Hub > Configure App and then select the Detected tab. Copy the contents and send them to me via a PM.

Edit: you can also view the app configuration at Homey Developer Tools

Hi Adrian!
I think you mentioned somewhere (but i could not find the comment), that there were some limitations to the number of api calls that can be executed against smartthings. Do you have any numbers on that?

The reason im asking is that i have reached the max numbers of zigbee devices that can be connected to homey, so i am wondering if it would be feasible to have «half» the devices on smartthings, communicating with homey through your app.

SmartThings limits the polling to once every 5 seconds. So it is suitable for devices that don’t require an immediate response, such as motion sensors.

1 Like

Verisure supports the new L3, - is there a good reason that the HOMEY app wouldnt support it natively without using the method described here?

Rune

1 Like

Yale Access is supported, L3 works perfectly with that Homey app.

Hello.

Wondering about one thing.
When I go into the Yale Access app for Homey to add Doorman L3, only the Yale Linus comes up to add symbol.
Is it just to use this to put L3 into Homey.

Yes, or just change icon to something else.

1 Like

Hello.
Yes, once the lock has entered Homey, you can simply change the icon. But when installing or adding it, only the Linus lock comes up as supported locks. So what I’m wondering is if it’s just a matter of using the Linus button (support) to add Doorman L3s

Thank you for your email.

The Homey app supports all Yale locks which can be controlled from the internet. In order to connect your lock with the internet you will need to purchase the Connect WiFi bridge, if it was not included with your lock.

(From the maker of the yale homey app)

Hi, has something changed? I have two Yale locks, L3 Doorman & Linus and both reported logs properly to Homey until six days ago. Now only those actions done from Homey can be seen in the log, but nothing else. I’m still able to unlock and lock, but can’t use any other features like automatic locking when the last person leaves the house and automatic locking in the evening etc. Last time the logs worked on both were on 17 April. Locks are in different places and on two different Homeys and still the same problem.

Yes, some issues with latest updates of Yale Home, they are working on it (and who’s to blame).

1 Like