Which TRV has lowest battery drain?

On the contrary, my whole intention is multizone efficiency. That is why I have 4 water-based underfloor heating zones on my ground floor, with a manifold and independent thermostat in each zone. (Unfortunately I chose at the time HeatIt thermostats, which it turns out don’t accurately report the measured temperature at the thermostat and therefore report only set temperature, and thefore I had to buy also Aeotec multisensors for each room).

That is also why I have TRVs in each room on the first floor.

You are right that making it work properly is very hard with Homey. You need dozens of flows, and or many apps (Heating Scheduler, VThermostat, Virtual devices, FIbaro App, HeatIt App, Popp App, etc.)

By contrast, apart from the Popp TRV battery drain, everything is easily handled by dedicated ‘Heating Panel’ in the Fibraro HomeCenter (much like their alarm system) Before I purchased my first (now dead) Homey, I asked about these functions as dedicated Homey-developed functions and was told by somebody called “Bram” that these were under development. That was now more than 4 years ago.

So your advice to go with something like Tado is now what I am taking despite that it will have cost me more ~£1000 in redundant equipment. The simpler, more family friendly UI and redundancy in the event of another dead Homey in winter is my case for removing my faith in a reliable situation that depends on Homey