Where are my variables used

Is it possible to find out which variables are used in which flows. I was wondering if a modification to the Homey Overview script might do this. It knows how many variables of what type you have.

Hi Peter,
maybe this script is helpful für you:

I used it only one time, so I’m not familiar with it. But questions can be raised in the thread.

The Device Capabilities App also has a flowcard based on this script.

Wow that looks complex.
So if I instal the Device Capabilities App and use that flow to list where my variables are being used, and possibly list those I have created and never used, where would I send the output? I don’t recall being able to output to a document of the screen.

You can send it to the timeline for example, or any messaging app, by adding the tag(s) from the flowcard.

In an advanced flow, just press Start. Then hover over the flowcard and the result is in the bottom.

I keep getting a timeout when trying to install tha App.

1 Like

Afaik that’s only a website timeout. The app should install. Doesn’t it appear as installed app?

1 Like

No. Just tried again, same outcome.

1 Like

This might help: logout of the store, empty cache and force reload the page.
Also logout of the Homey mobile & web apps
Now login on both Homey and the store, and try again.

1 Like

OK. How do you empty cache? Do you mean of the browser or the homey app?

1 Like

The browser.
shft ctrl R might work

1 Like

OK, one more question before I do that. I work across 3 devices. Should I do that for all devices before trying again. I do get the same result regardless of the device I use.

1 Like

It’s not “the proven fix”
I just think somehow your Homey can’t be found → logging off everywhere, and refreshing the webstore, and logon again might solve it.
It can’t hurt!

1 Like

All good. Got it installed. Thanks.

2 Likes