Users and guests

There seems little documentation on how users can use Homey.

It is easy to add guest etc but nothing on what the guest needs to do.

Do they need to instal the App? Do they need an account?

I am trying to add a user/guest to get push notifications. E.g. Gate Open. I have added them to a flow to send them the push notification but that doesn’t seem to work.

What are you missing?

Yes, I have watched the video but it doesn’t answer any of my questions as to what the user/guest has to do. Do they need to load the app on their phone, create their own account and login to to it. All the info seems to assume knowledge I am unaware of.

They’ll need to install the app, if you want them to receive push notifications.
There’s indeed some info missing from the support page text AND video.

Push notifications are just messages.
My feeling says you want to use push confirmations? Like the user should answer yes or no?

There are many apps to send messages to any person without a user account, like CallMeBot (Whatsapp/Signal/Telegram/Messenger), Email sender, PushOver, Telegram.
Telegram has a neat question/answer system where the message receiver can pick pre-defined reply’s, which trigger different things in your matching flows.

When you don’t want to install apps, the user has to:

When the user opens the invite link, this screen pops up, seems obvious to me. Although it doesn’t tell you to install the app to continue…

Screenshot from 2023-04-10 00-58-52

When the user already has the app installed, this screen appears. In theory, hitting “Get the app” should open the app. I did not succeed with that.

When the user installs, and starts the app for the first time, an interactive account creation ‘chat’ appears. Name, email address and password are requested.
With these credentials the user can login to the app, and will then be able to receive push confirmations.

Oh, when the app was already installed, this popup shows once they opened the link on their phone.

2 Likes

That was great. Thanks very much it helped a lot. It is now working after I removed the user and Re added them.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Dag Peter, ik stel de vraag maar aan jou?

Na minstens 30 pogingen begin ik de moed te verliezen. Ik denk dat ik alle stappen als accounts weer weggooien, zorgen dat je op andere netwerken zit, maar niets helpt :man_shrugging:t2:.

Het scherm “you’re invited…” komt nooit tevoorschijn.

Heb je de final tip?