Unable to add Fibaro Walli Dimmer

How about reverting back the homey core OS? My theory is that this fault was introduced in Version 3.1.0, but I have no clue how to downgrade to earlier release. So I can’t verify this.

You can’t downgrade.

You can try Homey v3.1.1-rc.1
But take care it’s a experimental release.

I’m now on the release candidate. Same issue.

Nope also no result

I have just bought the homey and three fibaro walli dimmers. And I run into the same issue. Wondering what to do: bring back the units, wait for upgrade (but from who? Fibaro or homey).

Any thoughts? Or did anybody solved the issue?

No solution in sight… Also, radio silence from Athom.

You could wait for a homey upgrade, but I feel they didn’t even take this issue seriously. (I gave them a very detailed post and got a ‘rtfm’ answer for my effort.)
The issue seems to be with homey, as it used to work with the walli dimmers. So I don’t think a fibaro update will resolve this. Also, you need a fibaro hub to be able to update the firmware of the walli dimmer units.

I decided to return the walli dimmer and will most likely go for a different solution.

The new Firmware 3.1.1 version released today does not solve the issue.

I can also confirm that latest 3.1.1 is not helping to resolve this issue.

I have just send a support request to Fibaro. Might help if others do (again) the same?
Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Support replied. So waiting game

Boaz (Athom)

Dec 3, 13:36 CET

Hi Stefan‍,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and our apologies for your inconvenience!

This issue is already reported by other users and Development is working hard to fix this issue.

We hope to resolve this problem with the next update of the Fibaro app.
Best Regards,

Boaz

The Athom support team.

1 Like

Same problem here…

3.2.0_RC3 also no luck

I think they are still investigating the root cause.
I hope they will find a solution for this soon!

Have you also reported this issue to the athom team?

Yes see their responce above

Good news, from the athom team.

We have identified an issue within Homey itself (so not the Fibaro app), that prevents you from adding this dimmer.

We are working on a solution and hope to be able to provide it with the next firmware update of Homey.

2 Likes

Good news indeed!
Thanks for the update :+1:t2:

I did not get the same good news…

We have identified the issue that is preventing you from adding the Fibaro Walli Dimmer to Homey. Unfortunately it requires a fix in the firmware of Homey.

For now it is unknown when we can implement this fix, however we will contact you when we have a final solution for this issue!

Strange!! When did you receive that message?