[TUTORIAL] Setting up MQTT on Homey for configuring Home Assistant for dashboard purposes

Strange, my MQTT in HA says the hub is offline but the MQTT in Homey says status=online
192.168.0.129 is HA, 192.168.0.113 is Homey.

I6JBToGEfQ5hfEaqwQ7NaZhF6.png)

So you’re using two MQTT brokers?

I have followed instructions and according to them I should have one broker, one hub and one client on Homey.
On HA I have Mosquito broker that connects to Homey’s broker. If I stop the broker on Homey I can’t connect with HA at all.
Right now I can connect with HA to the Homey broker and I have found devices before. I have 20 devices and 33 entities in HA from Homey.
But when I added more devices on Homey the other day, HA don’t find them, it doesn’t update somehow.
So basically, my question is how I can update MQTT in HA to pick up the new devices?

Did you try reloading the integration? Press the three dots icon in the bottom right corner and choose “Reload”.

I’m having some issues here, and hope someone’s able to help me out :slight_smile:

1. I’ve edited the config file for HA, but when I restart it I get the following:

2. If I try to add an integration, I get the following:

As far as I can see, everything should be set. I initially followed this tutorial (before I found this topic): Homey MQTT Guide til HomeAssistant | Patrick Leisegang

Also, I’m unable to find the three dots to show unused entities, but I guess that could be because everything else is going wrong :wink:

I’m running everything as a docker image (Docker) with HA 2023.5.4.

You don’t need to edit the HA configuration file, you should enter the MQTT details when adding an integration.

What details did you enter when adding it?

If I telnet to this IP and port the MQTT broker displays it in the logs.

MQTT broker setup:

MQTT client:

MQTT hub:

@robertklep Now, this is strange - I installed MQTT explorer and was able to connect. THEN HA would receive devices. No other changes were done :thinking:

Might be related:
I often had non responsive Homey devices in HA; these custom settings fixed that:

Try enabling “Disable User Authentication” in the broker. See this post and the one following it.

1 Like

I’ve tried both the suggestions here, but HA still stops updating. Pressing the broadcast button in the app solves it. Could there be something in the HA MQTT setup that needs changing? I’d guess no, as it starts working as soon as I press broadcast, but…you never know.

MQTT Explorer picks up a lot of messages, so I guess the Homey side is correctly set ut.

Hello, i am having issues installing a new sensor. I did this in the past but i cant seem to get it working now. I think my mistake is in the topic i use? if i am correct i need to add device “homie discovery” and then use the topic; homie/ ;

The device is an ESP easy unit with Home assustant MQTT ; (Controller IP = Homey IP)

in MQTT Explorer i find the Unit under the IP of the homey;
afbeelding

The unit ESP/Regenput_2 is currently running for months like this but now i am not finding any topics whe ni search in the mqtt hub app?

You don’t have 'homie' in your topics…

So the topic just reads ESP_regenput_2.
It’s a direct topic under the controller (broker) IP, which you run on Homey.
When you click in the triangle in front of it, you’ll find the next parts of that topic.
Like for example ESP_regenput_2/switch/watermeter

Peter,
I can not find the device. I need to add the ESP_DieselRood so if correct i just need to search for the Topic ESP_DieselRood ? Or do i need to specify the exact Switch or sensor?