[TUTORIAL] How to use an Ulanzi Pixelclock with Awtrix Light for notification

I think this is not implemented yet in the homey awtrixlight app - I am sure @Bckp will implement it later

in the meantime you can pick one of the above mentioned examples and do it via a mqtt command

1 Like

Yep, i have code that can read icons from device, but im in process of rewrite network layer of app as it have some unstability…

I even have code that can download icon from lametric and with blueforcer we are working on solution to send icon to device as part of notification (so no need to upload any type of icon)

But it is on my todo list to give users option to invlude any icon he have uploaded…

3 Likes

Hi everbody,
I got my awtrix light yesterday and am running into two issues:

1. I am struggeling to get MQTT messages to the device…

The ip-Adresses are correct, to funny things such as secure connections at this point… (as far as I can see)…

1. I have made icons as animated GIFs myself (both on the net via the editor and via the iPhone APP) - these are displayed in the awtrix file system, but… I cannot select them in the Homey AWTRIX App, they are not displayed. Also, the directly downloaded icons are displayed in the file system but are not selectable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated…! :wink:

Regards

Philip

in your first picture is the IP address for the mqtt broker not correct - last segment is missing

It’s blanked.

Sorry, I blanked it - out reads 192.168.1.200… in all app configurations where necessary…

And: it makes no difference if I have the pre-installed apps such as weather, battery status etc. activated or not.

Awtrix Homey app so far does not support custom icons, it is on my todo list…

Small preview of future version of Homey app :slight_smile:

And no, the text is not part of image, it is normal text with rainbow effect

3 Likes

Wow, had to look 4 x to be able to read Homey … Guess that Rainbow wil not be my favorite…
But looking for buying a Awtrix now :wink:

Looking nice, indeed!

I bought 3 of them :sweat_smile: directly from germany is fastest and cheapest.

Rainbow effect is not co sidering different background, so that is issue, with white it looks better, but i do not have picture atm

1 Like

BTW: If anyone want to buy Ulanzi clock to flash Awtrix firmware, please use Ref link from this page AWTRIX LIGHT as he (Blueforcer, author of Awtrix light firmware) will get some small money from it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I blanked it - out reads 192.168.1.200… in all app configurations where necessary…

And: it makes no difference if I have the pre-installed apps such as weather, battery status etc. activated or not.

Both the client and the broker are running on the homey. I have changed the IP address information in the client to localhost, and now the log no longer shows “ECONNREFUSED 192.168.1.200:1883”, but actually seems to connect to the broker…
Broker seems to “deliver the info”, i. e. log shows “packet published homey _82818d92”…
… but still no notification on the awtrix…

What I realized is that in my flow

the Client icon left to the command has changed from a mosquito into a gear wheel.
Does this suggest a problem?

Got it…got confused with the ip addresses of broker, client and awtrix…

thanks anyhow…

Custom icon will be enabled as experiment in next app version, i rewritten most of it, few more tests and it will be ready

5 Likes

great news :slight_smile:

could you please add the ip address information in the device properties, too?

I guess i can, but question is why you need it? Im thinking to put it into settings, so you can change it manually

1 Like

sometime it is not sure which awtrixlight device is meant if you have more than 4 :wink:

Oh, ok :slight_smile:

In test 1.1.4 :slight_smile: new capability IP address… :slight_smile:

1 Like