Trigger must be triggered x times within y minutes

Looking for an easy solution for an advanced flow to trigger a flow or continue a flow only when a trigger (eg a light sensor) has been triggered x times within a certain timeframe?

Any ideas besides creating a flow with a countdown for each device?

Made me think, why… Are you trying to workaround a sensor with too many false positives?

I can’t think of something else as ‘fix’.

Isn’t DC suitable workaround for this ?

obrazek

2 Likes

I think so, yeah. Forgot about this feature of the great ‘swiss army knife’ app :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not really, because I can only do “for 2 minutes”, but not “alarm_motion equal 1 - 2 times within 1 minute”. And when I query boolean values, I can only do “Is Equal” to a text value. Or I have overlooked something.

Ah I see.
You’re right, it is not suitable to count x events from a boolean value

This is a way to accomplish it; You’ll need a counter and a timer;
In this xmpl, the motion alarm should have triggered 5 times within 5 minutes, and then the flow continues:

1 Like

Yep, thanks for your effort … that was also my insight, but I thought there’s some more elegant/short way or an app to do it.

YW. I think this usecase is not used very often (or I’m totally wrong here). Most of the time the first trigger is what counts, isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does anyone know if the DC timer resumes if Homey e.g. would restart within the given period?

The dev could tell.
I haven’t tested it yet.

@Arie_J_Godschalk does the timer of the card below, survive a Homey reboot?
Like, when you use ‘for 30 minutes’, and Homey reboots 5 minutes later?
obrazek

1 Like

Yes!

2 Likes