Trigger Google Home device in Homey?

Hi guys,

Don’t know if you can help out, but it is worth a go!

I have several Adax heaters in my home. These heaters are as of now not possible to control in Homey. Adax just released Google Home support, making the heaters visible and controlable with Google Home/Google assistant.

My wish is of course to try to find a workaround to be able to control the heaters in Homey. At least to some extent.

Possible questions could be:
Is it possible that a i.e. a flow in Homey could trigger a action in Google Home?
Are there some potential workarounds using Homey to trigger ifttt, and then Google Home?
Are there other potential workarounds?

AFAIK
Good home doesnt expose itself to other devices… therefore none of those ideas will work…

It’s down to Adax exposing themselves to other devices like homey

I don’t know how the google home automations works. But, maybe you can try to create a virtual Device in homey. And then link the VD with the heater within google home using google home rules.

I recived info from Adax a few dags ago that they are working on app for Homey and HA. They will try release it before new year.

Hello, Thanks pthorsen for the information reg.Google Home and Adax. That solved the panel heater integration into the home/Sleep/apoint out Adax has opened for

Lets try again:-)… <Thanks for the Google Home & Adax info:-) pthorsen . I use a away/sleep/home presets for the house , using flows but has not been able to control heating before now.
I just bought a google home mini and installed it close to Homey, and let him send settings with voice commands … exmpl, 1 hour before I comes home, he says “hei google” & wait 2-3 seconds, and continues: “sett temperaturen varmere” and Google responds: “setter 5 termostater høyere” If you do not specify, default faction or “warmer please” is +3 degrees (the # in Googles response is the no of thermostats changed). At nighttime Homey says same , but twice:-). Google has very good “hearing” so the volume on Homey can be set real low, when giving instructions, but be aware of possible “comm error” if lots of background noise:-). This probably works better using IFTTT, and another service as trigger, (but even with voice as trigger, you get away with one word:-)… If you use Homey as the regulator (thermostat), you can have Homey ask for current set point and temp… and return with new/correct set point… ha ha at least it would create some laughs:-))

1 Like