[Tip] Offline Warning Notifications: Now receive push notifications when Homey Pro goes offline

Now (soon™) available in your Mobile App as Owner of a Homey Pro:

Offline Warning Notifications: Now receive push notifications when Homey Pro goes offline

From Mobile app v8.4.0 and later: https://homey.app/en-us/wiki/homey-mobile-app-changelog/

As Owner of a Homey Pro you can Enable the setting in More … => Settings => General

The Homey Cloud infra monitors and pushes a notification to the Owner of a Homey (Pro) if Homey didn’t contact for ~ 5 minutes. This prevents notifications for normal restarts and firmware updates.
Once the Homey connects again you get a new notification.

(The Push notifications are send ONLY to the Owner in the Homey Mobile App!)

To clarify, it isn’t necessary a Homey Problem, anything from Homey in connection up to the Cloud servers is monitored.

so it could be:

• the Internet
  • your Internet provider
  • your router/modem
  • your network
  • your Wifi
  • your Homey (Pro)

This is available for all “local” Homey’s (Early 2016 t/m Pro Early 2023)

11 Likes

Does anyone alreay have this update?

Released 7,5 hours ago according to the post above, but haven’t received it on either iOS or Android (I am beta- tester on both).

yes,
I saw the announcement on the FW history and installed the 8.4.0 version from Google Play.
could be that is is released to a smaller beta group first. I don’t know. and Google uses staged roll-out, have also been waiting on updates sometimes more than a Day.
But If they publish I can write about it.

You have checked the installed version on your mobiles? Beside that you need to be Owner of the Homey you configure it for, I also have Homey’s over several Homey Accounts to backup more than 3 :wink:

If it helps I’m also on beta program for iOS but not been able to access yet. Latest version for me is 8.3.1.

On iOS indeed no update yet and I have seen it there often that a release takes more time.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homey Pro 2023 wifi connection issues?

Is it possible to capture this event in a flow so that it might automate turning the router off then on again?

No, as said, it isn’t Homey that is involved in this.

That said, it is useless to send that event to Homey as it probably can’t reach Homey until that issue is resolved.

Search the forum for other solutions to check from Homey if fe a host is unreachable like [APP][Pro] Network Check

1 Like

Thanks. I just thought that maybe as it was Homey sending the alert that it could make that event visible in a flow.

As @Dijker already explained: your Homey isn’t involved in this. It’s all done in Athom’s backend.