Thread integration

Maybe this has been asked but I have looked and was unable to find the answer. Does anyone know why the thread integration has to be used with matter and devices that are thread over wifi or Bluetooth can’t be added? I already own two Eve light switches, and would like to get more, that I am unable to add and would like to buy Eve Aqua but I do not think I can add it to Homey because it is thread over wifi.
Is there a plan for this to be added in the future?
I love the Homey Pro just disappointed in the marketing for the only hub you need.
Thank you.

Maybe this topic makes things clear

There’s no such thing

First response is thank you but very unimpressed to hear. Why should I keep Homey Pro? Why not just use home assistant considering I had to buy multiple hubs Homey Pro didn’t support just ton use Homey Pro?

2nd response didn’t know that wasn’t a thing.

Why did you buy Homey anyway? HA works perfectly fine (even though it also doesn’t support Thread over WiFi or Thread over Bluetooth).

1 Like

I bought Homey Pro because it promised integration to all devices incl. thread without the caveat it needed matter to work. Homey pro promised more than it can provide with the apps supported in the US. I really drank the cool-aid. I am returning mine and I will put in the time to learn HA because it seems fully ready.
For instance I had to buy a Zigbee hub to get Tuya items to work then I had to buy an Aqara hub to get the new items to work.
Why use Homey if I have to buy everything anyway? I would rather spend the $400 on multiple platforms that actually work than one is promised to be full formulated that is not ready.

Please change my mind. I truly enjoy the Homey Pro.

The Eve switches, on their product page, state that they require a HomePod or Apple TV to work :man_shrugging:t3:

Even with HA you’ll need some form of Thread border router to be able to use these devices. You could enable multiprotocol support on the HA Yellow or the SkyConnect to get a TBR working, but multiprotocol support isn’t something you want if you also want to be able to use Zigbee devices, so you’ll need a separate dongle for Thread (or Zigbee).

Yes, I have a HomePod mini for the thread router.

Of course they work completely fine in HomeKit but I would like to use Homey for flows and advanced flows but that is not possible if my switches only work in HomeKit.

Please help on my original.

I bought Homey Pro because it promised integration to all devices incl. thread without the caveat it needed matter to work. Homey pro promised more than it can provide with the apps supported in the US. I really drank the cool-aid. I am returning mine and I will put in the time to learn HA because it seems fully ready.
For instance I had to buy a Zigbee hub to get Tuya items to work then I had to buy an Aqara hub to get the new items to work.
Why use Homey if I have to buy everything anyway? I would rather spend the $400 on multiple platforms that actually work than one is promised to be full formulated that is not ready.

Please change my mind. I truly enjoy the Homey Pro.

You bought a device believing its marketing material over investigating if it would actually support the devices you own. You’re not the first that this happens to, and some people are, like you, disappointed when they find out that Homey isn’t the device they hoped it was.

I’m not going to try and convince you to stick with Homey.

2 Likes