The New Homey PRO - Crash daily

Good morning,

I have the Box Homey Pro for 1 week. I have integrated and configured quite a few ~15 modules.

Since then, the box crashes every day or every two days.

Do you have this behavior? Is there a way to see the logs?

As for the support, it is necessary to wait 1 to 2 weeks before having an answer. It may be vacation

Cdt,

Julien

Only with Jailbreak.

Ask @Sharkys, he has had some problems with his smart home that is mid to big sized.

Usually not. Did you made a ticket or wrote an E-mail?

1 Like

Actually there is even without it :wink: By taking the full backup via USB and then un-compressing it via 7ZIP / looking for /user/log folder.

How do you know it’s crashing ? Eg. you observed RED LED circle and then WHITE - booting ?
Have you installed sysinternals app and added Homey 2023 and Alert devices ? It could provide you with some insights.

1 Like

My Homey Pro crashes every two hours. Athom replies that it will take 3 weeks to reply. How can I discover what is wrong? I changed the power supply, I reset the device and restored a backup… Problem continues. is the device broken or is there software issue? I am puzzled.

Any help is highly appreciated

Crashes how? What are the symptoms?

Does Athom actually say that it will take three weeks, or do they say that it may take up to three weeks? There’s a difference.

Crash → sympthom… homey not working red spinning. For the record, I am a user not a programmer. I cannot see why it crashes, If I could then maybe I could solve it. Any help In finding that out helps

According to the documentation, that would mean your Homey is being reset to factory settings:

That’s about all you get with Homey, there isn’t any more information on why this is happening, so you’re going to have to wait for Athom to respond.

That is stating the obvious… However, if your entire house is run by Homey and Athom is not responding, you’ re literally left in the dark (as lighting schedules do not function properly). It is a shame that there is now way to discover what is causing the issue and that Athom simply replies by stating that it will or may take 3 weeks. Why accept that? It can be a great product (as long as it functions…) PS I am long time (+5 years) user with no (serious) problems to date.

1 Like

I didn’t accept that my Homey got bricked during a regular firmware update years ago, and since then I’ve been using Home Assistant :man_shrugging:t3:

So it’s daily in RED / rotating or blinking , at the same time or randomly ?
Which firmware version are you running ?

Randomly… multiple times per day

Does it self-recover ?
Do you see anything on Homey Developer Tools - can you share the part from videoCoreClock to loadavg ?
Do you have the new powersupply ?
Have you tried to change USB-C cable by shorten one ?

In addition, I tried three different power supplies… and applied a shorter cable

are you sure it is spinning? not breathing ??

that means something different…

1 Like

Oh man, seems you tried everything - a pity you didn’t describe it right from beginning …
I see the temp is kind of higher - can you install sysinternals, add two new devices to see, if it will report anything ? sysInternals App for Homey | Homey I would almost say (as you also did reset and restore), you would be going for warranty claim. For that, I would open not a “reboot issue” but rather “Warranty claim”, as this kind of request might have higher priority with Athom.

Warranty claim put forward. Curious to see if the three weeks can be shortened and a solution can be found.

Thx for all the help!!!

##- Typ uw reactie boven deze regel -##

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for reaching out! Your request (111564) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

Please note that we are in the middle of the roll-out of the new Homey Pro, and are currently experiencing a sharp increase in ticketload. This is why our expected reply time is 2-3 weeks. We are doing whatever we can to answer as many customers as soon as possible, but are currently at our limit, and are asking for your understanding.

One tip: Our ticket system pushes new tickets down to the bottom of the list every time you comment within the same ticket. Unless there is an urgent reason to send additional information (for example stopping an order cancellation), please refrain from sending additional messages within your ticket, as this will make your waiting time much longer than it has to be.

To add additional comments, you can simply reply to this mail.

It’s general answer but you will see how fast they will reply (I bet sooner then 2-3 weeks)

That should be probably changed :wink: