Homey unstable / unavailable

I have a homey pro 2023 and a homey bridge (added as a satellite to the pro). Ever since I received it (1,5 months ago?) I am experiencing stability issues.

• Red ring on homey pro, nothing works anymore
  • Normal led ring on homey pro, but Homey is not available in the mobile app or web app
  • Red ring on the bridge (mostly when one of the situations above applies)

I’ve already sent a question to the support desk, but didn’t hear from them since (two weeks ago).

Stability issues seem to have increased after the recent update(s?). The questions that I have are:

1. Are other people experiencing these issues?
  2. Is it possible to get some kind of diagnostics from the Homey? I’m a developer and might be able to find out if my issues can be related to one of the apps I’m using with the Homey.
  3. Can the current temperatures in the Netherlands be of influence? My Homey is located in my living room and temperatures nowadays are between 22 and 30 degrees Celcius.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
Björn

2 Likes

Did you contact support desk or you have used Loading... - Form by Asana form ? In first case, they are saying, they will reply within 1-2 weeks and yet they might redirect you to 2nd option and in 2nd case it goes to developer and they will not come back unfortunately. :rofl:
You can also try to raise their attention on SLACK, but no assurance anyway.

It depends, what is size of your smart-home (there is script which you can use for this), how often this happens (every day or 1 time per week ?), do you reboot regularly eg. every day (highly recommended for eg. >45 apps and >150 devices based on my own experience) ?
You may also try to install latest experimental firmware - when enabled in Homey Developer Tools (but beware of the risks…) :zap:

Hard and easy way. Hard way is to do the USB backup, then decompress it eg. using 7ZIP and then eg. looking on /user partition searching for last log in homey-pro.log - but it will be for your own use unfortunately. There is also different way which I would not comment here.
Easy way - implement eg. InfluxDB and monitor CPU and memory utilization (it might gives you higher resolution) - which you can also do using Insights. I have eg. installed sysinternals app and when the free mem reach critical level, I initiate restart prior lock-up.

Sysinternal app will tell you, if the temp is the issue, you can also check on Homey Developer Tools, search for Temp and Throttle.

As Athom support would say - Have fun !

Note : This is just a joke, they are working on fixing the issues but it’s taking time unfortunately

1 Like

I have same issue, but I’m new on Homey Pro 2023 me and it’s hard for me to find out the solution.

I’ve shared a diagnostics report twice with support. First one was almost empty. I still need to get a response on the second one. They asked me about the voltage of my power adapter. I already have the ‘new’ one with 5.2V output.

I also am having the same issue. I have contact support twice and the first time they said that there was an issue with the user partition and I got a backup file to install on my Homey.
That worked for about a week and when a firmware upgrade came it stopped working again and the backup file does nothing now.
I guess I have to wait for 2 weeks now until I get an answer…

I don’t want to switch places with the devs right now :slight_smile: I think I see a trend.

Hi Björn,

I have the same issue. Ever since an update my Homey stops working like every 12h.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?