The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

Matter is now in beta. but does anyone know how it works? I have added the aquara hub but cannot find it anywhere in Homey and if I try to connect it again I get the message that it is already connected?

I’m not a 100% sure, but the aqara hub probably isn’t 1 of the currently 3 supported device types:

Lights
Sockets
Sensors

That are mentioned in the support page about the beta.

Edit: though as Robert mentions below, I don’t know how it works with the hub being a border router.
But I assume you add the sensors etc separately afterwards?

I assume they added the Aqara hub as a border router.

I couldn’t find it (yes, I’ve searched :slight_smile: ), but upgrading to my new Homey Pro made my home/away detection stop functioning. It worked with my old homey and as far as I can see all the settings look ok (in account home/away detection is on). Someone encountered the same issue and maybe has a solution for me?

No problem with this. Have you checked the location of your home?

yes, I did and the Homey is on the correct address…

I know, with the old Homey it worked and normally nothing change on the smartphone, but did you checked the Homey app settings on your smartphone, e.g. the access of the location.

Yes, checked that also and everything is correct. It doesn’t detect (or show) that either me or my wife is in the house or not.

Are you sure you enabled location, both app and in the system (in case of Android) AND also enabled Home/Away Detection for every user ? Now it’s on two places…

not quite sure what you mean with that it is in two places, but I have the settings correct I believe…

And Settings → Location → there you have specified your address, right ? If so, than it’s strange… you can always consider to you other aps like Smart Presence App for Homey | Homey but native location function works for me (at least on Android)

yup, that’s correct as well. Won’t post a screenshot for privacy reasons, but trust me that Homey’s location is correct :wink:

Will have a look at the smart presence app, thanks!

But it’s really strange, actually with new app and also maybe new Homey, it starts working for me even better then Smart Presence, so it’s surprising to hear that. But again, Android used here. Maybe someone else will share more.

Can you also check if re-entering position on My Homey helps ?

obrazek

It’s tricky as I don’t see Save button or something, but via pressing Enter I managed to keep the position updated (interestingly phone app shows correct position).

To be sure I’ve changed my location and then changed it back again to my home address, but unfortunately no differences. I’ve created a bug report, maybe Homey knows what’s going on.

Where is the matter ? I can’t found. Can someone help me?

Homey Mobile App Changelog:

v7.1.0

• Added support for Matter on Homey Pro (Early 2023), note that your device should also be on iOS 16.5+ or Android 8+ with the latest Play Services and that Homey Pro should be updated to at least firmware v10.0.0-rc114.
1 Like

i have v10.0.0-rc.110 and how can I update firmware v10.0.0-rc114 ? because when I check, homey say is “no update”. my homey app on iOS is v7.1.0.

You must enable experimental updates on Homey Developer Tools

1 Like

thank you very much