The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

I understood that the sunway app could also control other brands (e.g. Brel). Maybe the Brel app can also control Sunway?
There is a testversion of the Brel app available that is SDK3 and supports 433Mhz devices. Maybe worth a try.

No. The Brel app cannot control Bofu!

Don’t think you can do that. The HP23 only has a USB-C plug. So you cannot avoid the adapter…

1 Like

He can:
https://community.homey.app/t/poe-naar-usb-c-homey-pro/72105/6?u=peter_kawa

Hello,
Just received my homey pro 2023.
I also have a home bridge but i disconected it from the power outlet and remove it it as a device from the old homey app,
I installed the beta app (7.0.0.1176).
I started the homey pro (connected to the power outlet) and I have the setup blue light (I didn`t have to login again because I think it only upgraded the old app.
In my beta app, on the home tab I only see some periferal devices (light bulbs etc). Not a homey device. So I pressed the + button to search the new homey pro. But it doesn not show up. I have Iphone 14, last IOS.
I reseted homey to factory settings. No fix…

What should I do?

I have the bluetooth on.

What you have done now is trying to add your new Homey Pro as a device into your Homey (Cloud) but that will never work.

You’ll have to go to the Home tab in the app and click on the down arrow next to the name of your current Homey. Next click on the blue + sign in the upper right corner and follow the instructions

2 Likes

where is the home tab? I thought my first picture is the home tab (the down left button home icon). But it is not looking as your picture)

Yes, your first screenshot is the home tab, on that one click on the down arrow next to your Homeys name, then you’ll see the screen from my screenshot

1 Like

Oh, I succeded. Thank you!!!

Hi. I just received my new HP23 today and Are quite happy. But have just discovered that my new Homey Pro 23. Does not have 8Gb of storage as you are describing on your website? Se picture.

So the homey has multiple Partitions

• 2x Boot ~300mb
  • 2x System ~2,3GB
  • 1x User ~2,7GB

In total ~8 GB

Why this system?

Currently, a Homey update is an image of the boot and system drives. Because you can’t write to the currently active partition, there are two boot and system drives, so the currently inactive partition can be updated. They switch the partitions from A to B after the upgrade, and then back to A after the next update.

I don’t know if they will change the system to a different update somewhere in the future.

Anyways thats why the “user” partition is only 2,7gb. (The Partition for Apps, Images, Insights etc…)

(Disclaimer: This is not confirmed by Athom/Homey. This is all informations gathered from users)

2 Likes

And this isn’t the only reason, the second reason is, if an update fails by for example pulling the plug (which happened more then you’ed expect with the old Homey Pros) while updating, it always has a back-up internally it can fall back on.
So it is really hard now to brick your system, even when pulling the plug while it is busy updating.
(I wouldn’t recommend to forcefully try it though :wink:)

5 Likes

Well, I get your point, but it is not a device with empty storage, it’s a fully pre-installed device.
Like, when you buy a laptop with a 200GB SSD (like advertized), and it has a pre-installed OS, it of course has not 200GB of free usabe disk space…
It is, in my eyes, exactly the same thing (and yeah, marketing vs real life) :hugs:

So my Homey Pro Early 2019 have 1,6Gb of user accessed storage. My new Homey Pro 2023 have 2,7Gb of accessed storage.

With some quick math this is only a increase of 1.58 X the 2019 version and not a 2 X increase as advertised!

Yes I can se that a double increase have some advantage beside the Homey 2019. But you can sell a car with 200Hp and not inform the customer that 100 of them are being used for your “smart” aircondition?

1 Like

It is still in beta, so who knows maybe it is going to change when homey goes stable🤷🏼‍♂️ you purchased a product knowingly thats in beta sooo.

That is not the compleet story.
The new homey has 8GB memory (CM4)
2 boot partitions, 2 OS partitions and 1 user partition. The user partition is 2.7gb.

So total storage is 8GB. This info is from the community, not confirmed by athom as far as I know.

There’s nothing to confirm, these numbers are from an actual Homey (namely mine) :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahh, good to know! I didn’t know it was checked. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Hi. I have a few roller shades and outside shades that used to work perfectly with the Brel app.
There are two Brel apps available, but seems like the new one with 2023 support only works with a hub, not directly against the motor (AFAIK the old one cloned the remote signal).

Is the old one with direct connection abandoned?