Switchbot Hub 2 does not work with Matter

I just got the SwitchBot hub 2 and wanted to connect it to my Homey Pro 2023 using Matter.

The problem is that the SwitchBot hub 2 does not expose any devices per default over matter and you have to reset the SwitchBot hub 2 in the matter pairing process. This meens that when Homey atempts to connect, it sees the SwitchBot hub 2 fine, but fails as there are no devises set up to be shared by the SwitchBot hub 2.

In the Switchbot app, you can only setup devices for matter sharing after the pairing has gone through. Tried this with Google home, where it worked fine.

Any way to get around this so the Switchbut Hub 2 can be linked to Homey over Matter?

But of course

• Go to the Hub 2 in the Switchbot app
  • Click on the cogwheel at the top right
  • Matter Setup
  • Secondary devices
  • Select the desired devices

Up to 8 devices can be transferred via Matter

Hi

Thanks for your input.

The problem is, I cant choose “secondary devices” untill it is linked.

See photos.

The connection worked immediately for me. I would delete the Switchbot app again, restart Homey and reinstall the app.

The thing is, I dont have the link - “Sekundärgeräte” before it is linked.

In the linking process, Homey ends up saying:

The paired bridge (SwitchBot 2) hos no devices. Connect devices to the bridge before adding it to Homey

Anyone got this working?

I see the same issues as McFly when attempting to connect my SwitchBot Hub 2 over Matter. I can successfully connect, but Homey stops the pairing as no devices are linked to the bridge. However… i cannot expose devices of the SwitchBot Hub 2 over Matter unless I’ve got a connection.

Seems like chicken and egg situation…

I reported the bug to Athom :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the same problem.

I do not own a Hub2 but was for some time interested so Iread somethings about it in [APP][Cloud & Pro] SwitchBot (Release 1.1.51, Test 1.1.56)

I cannot find better info now. But what I think is that like the message says: you need to connect other devices to the Hub before it can be connected through matter to Homey (a hub is not a device only a connector).

The other functions of the Hub 2 can only be used icm with the app for Switchbot. But that you could check in hte post and with the developer of the app.

Today I added the Aqara P2 door and window sensor to Homey. Matter over thread.

Shortly after I noticed the Switchbot Hub 2 Matter devices (the temperature and humidity sensors on the Hub 2 itself) were gone from Homey. I attempted to add them again, and I have the same issue mentioned here.

I may try to remove the Aqara sensor (my only other Matter device) and see if I can add the Switchbot matter devices again.

Edit: Removing the Aqara sensor didn’t help.

Sounds like there are issues with Homey’s Matter implementation, because other people also reported that their devices stopped working, or are only half working:

Thanks Robert. I was so focussed on the Switchbot that I didn’t think of searching for Homey matter issues. I just connected the Switchbot through matter to an Echo device without issues.

I had the same issues. I think this solution will work for iOS users.
I first enabled the hub via HomeKit so that I can add the linked Bluetooth devices to the hub. Afterward I deleted the hub out of HomeKit. In SwitchBot the linked devices were still active.
After trying pairing as instructed by SwitchBot(with the reset of the hub and the error message ‘first link devices’) I paired it without this rest.
If you open the matter pairing in homey, and then click on IOS pairing. Then hit other and the hub will appear. It will link with the paired devices