Supported aroma diffusers?

Hi all,

I am looking for an aroma difuser that works with Homey.
I know there is a Rituals Genie, but I would not like to be limited to Rituals fillings.

If it is bound via Google Home or something like that: fine too.
Or could a Xiaomi diffuser be bound to Homey in any way?

Anyone?

I have this one.

It works with the Tuya cloud app.
On tuya you can make different scene’s via the smart life app on your phone.

Thx, but doesis work with homey too?
When bluetooth, how does it connect to the cloud then?

Maybe this one. Haven’t checked for sdk 1-3

Thru the tuya app it works flawlessly with homey.

1 Like

Thx @Anton_Hooghiemstra, will look into a Tuya diffuser!
Thx @Marcel_Ubels too. It’s just that I want to determine myself what to use in a diffuser. The Moodo uses special capsules too, like the Rituals Genie does too…

Hello,what tuya app are you using with homey?I have 3 different brand of diffuser who works with tuya but none are discovered in homey tuya app…

Ah, thx @RoyWissenburg!

Does anyone know if it is also possible (with some hacking) to fill the Rituals Genie with other stuff?

2 Likes

I use the tuya cloud app.
Thru this app you can login in the smart life enviroment.
And this enviroment i control with the smart life app on my android phone.

Did you found a aroma diffuser other than Rituals for Homey?

No, unfortunately not and still looking for one.
Anyone else found something evt?

Yesterday I recieved the moodo. This works super, nice app and aroma.

Gerben

Hi! I guess this one works well with homey! I got one and its great!

Supporting 4 different scents from one device moodo is my favourite aroma Diffusor.
Does anybody already use moodo or moodo AIR with Homey?

I have been looking for a long time for something similar to use with my own blend of essential oils. I first bought an unknown brand on bol.com that was supposed to work with the Tuya app, but it didn’t work at all. Could not connect it to the app. Overall seemed a bit dodgy with poor English instructions as well. So I returned that one.

I then found that Duux humidifiers make use of the same technology as aroma diffusers, and they also support the use of essential oils. They have a proper integration with Homey (I know from my ventilators). The only downside is that at the moment the smaller humidifier does not (yet?) have smart home integration. So the smallest option at the moment is this one with a 3 liter capacity. I prefer a smaller one so I haven’t bought any myself yet. If anyone knows a good smaller alternative, I would love to know!

I use a Rituals diffuser for a while now.
You can refill these cartridges with an aroma of your liking.
Works quite well here!
And the Homey integration for Rituals is very decent…

1 Like

Refill with a rituals cartridge or is it possible to refill with any other aroma?

Both actually… :slight_smile:
Just keep an old Rituals cartridge and refill it with whatever you like.
You might wanna re-adjust the amount and interval of spreading after and the app will continue to show that the cartridge is empty.

How can you refill? And with what do you refill?

The SwitchBot humidifier can use oils in a separate draw for scents.