Support for Merten (Schneider) CONNECT dimmers

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for late reply. You are right it was probably with the first version of the driver.
It works fine now.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Robert

Hi all,

I just found this interesting topic and I’m considering buying a Homey Pro.
I also own a Merten RF Connect system with 2 gang radio push buttons (Merten 507244) and multiple 507502 2-way radio receivers. The receivers have problems after a couple of years.
I am considering to replace them by Fibaro modules, but I want to operate them with the Merten radio push buttons. Is this possible with a Homey Pro and Stefan’s App?

Kind regards,
Bert

Hi All,

At first;
Many thanks to Stefan and his work to make the Merten devices compatible with Homey.

This topic encouraged me leaving my Vera system behind and migrate to a Homey Pro as my house is full of Merten devices. Including and managing the Merten devices is easy peasy lemon squeezy compared to what i was used to :slight_smile:

I have sucessfully included;

• Merten 1-way and 2-way battery operated switches.
    Using them as scene triggers or directly associated to other Merten devices.
  • Merten plug adapter switches and dimmers.
  • Merten built in switches and dimmers.
  • Merten built in relay switches and dimmers with Z-wave sensor covers.

So far, so good…

I’m currently having two issues;

1: some battery operated switches won’t wake up directly to operate the dedicated associated Merten device. I have to press the switch several times, or keep the button down (dimming mode) in order for the light to respond. I have ordered new batteries, hoping this will resolve the issue :expressionless:
[UPDATE] New batteries seem to have resolved this matter.

2: some (built in) dimmer receivers don’t respond correctly to scenes or commands. They turn on random at the last used dimmer setting (x percent) or turn on at the full 100%.
This happens for example when i trigger a scene to start at dim value 30%
[UPDATE] Below some screenshots and more explanation of what I am experiencing.

2.1: dimming level deviation

• These lights are connected via a plug adapter dimmer > 508619
  • I included the devices as ‘universal dimmer’ 507900 in the app, as there is no dedicated option to include these devices.
  • They work fine, simular behavior as the universal dimmer, except the following;

When the light is set to dim level xx% (directly or via a flow) it follows this command (screenshot 1). After 10 seconds or so, the value drops to a lower percentage, but only within Homey (screenshot 2). So the light itself stays at the initiated set dim level.

note 1: Homey automatically installed the plug adapter dimmer 508619 as a generic Zwave device, class: socket (virtual: light)

note 2: Compare to a universal dimmer 507900, installed as a Merten device (this is working properly)

note 3: I also included Merten 503644 built in relay dimmers with Z-wave sensor covers. These are also automatically installed as a generic device (this is also working properly)

Seems like there is some kind of feedback issue on the 508619 plug adapter dimmers?
More info is available if needed.

2.2: wrong dim to behaviour

• these lights are connected via a universal dimmer > 507900
  • all functionality works fine.

When these lights are set via a flow to dim level XX%, they turn on but not allways to the set dim level. They turn on at the last used dim level, or at dim level 100%. This happens random.

Above the device log of one of these lights, while I was trying to trigger this behaviour.

I see a difference where sometimes the device is controlled via Schneider/ Merten Connect, and sometimes just ‘turned on’.

Below an example of the flow:

Am I doing something wrong, or are other people experiencing the same issues?
And more important; is there a possible fix :slight_smile:

Hi @MartijndeBoer,
How did you manage to add the 1-way and 2-way battery operated switches?

My plug adapter switches and dimmers work like a charm with @Stefan_Ekstam’s driver, but my battery operated switches either do not connect with Homey or if in rare cases they suddenly do, they are slow to respond (even with new batteries). BTW: I’ve added Z-wave range extenders so network coverage is fine.

Any advice how to add the Merten 506119 and 506219’s?

I included them following the standard procedure with Stefan’s driver.

After that I linked them to the Merten dimmers/ switches/ plug adapters, see the settings below;